“A secret I'd rather others didn't find out about”
Review of Leather Bottle

Leather Bottle
Ranked #16,622 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wimbledon
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just a lovely Youngs pub with great little additions of a lovely BBQ menu, with really good burgers and tuna steak salad. The addition of little beach huts in the garden, space for over 200 people has made this one of my favorite pubs to spend time in this summer. Mixture of ages and family-friendly one that is probably more summer-pub than for the winter, but lovely all the same. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

As a local unfortunately I have only been in the pub on a handful of occasions. The first for lunch by myself in the large beer garden. The beer garden itself is very nice and large which was lovely in the sunshine, however I had an overpriced sandwich with a handful of chips which rather spoilt my enjoyment of it. It was well made and couldn't fault the taste but the portion size was laughable. The staff on this occasion were friendly and easy to chat to, maybe because it was a midweek lunch service and there weren't many people around.
I went back on a weekend however and the staff seemed harassed by there being so many people in. My friend ordered a larger shandy as well as two other drinks which she had to remind the barman about twice as he couldn't seem to handle making three drinks in an order, when she got back to our table the 'shandy' was 90% lemonade with a larger top on it. She then had to go and queue up again to get a correct drink.
The other few times I have been the leather bottle is pretty average. The food is ok, but overpriced. The staff are friendly if they have the time to be and the decor is quirky and fun.
This has the potential to be such a great local pub which I would be much more inclined to go in if they would stop over charging on the food and maybe put a few more staff on so they could cope better with more than a handful of customers. Sort it out youngs!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been here a number of times and this pub has 2 personalities. 1) A great BBQ outdorrsy pub with fantastic garden. 2) A great sunday lunch and eating venue for whenit is raining. Love it.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was in the Leather Bottle for a small private party in their "Board-room".

Starting with the positives, I had a couple of decent pints which I enjoyed,the decor is also OK and they seem to have a rather large beer garden .

The staff I found to be either good or awful. As I was ordering drinks - and looking at a menu - the barman helpfully told me that food service stopped at 9pm . This was about 840pm. Well done to him and I just checked with my wife back in the Boardroom what she wanted.

At 845pm max I went back to order to be told - by a different server - that food orders had already stopped.. One other barman interjected that they were in fact still open and all the staff present started to debate amongst themselves whether such orders were ,or were not , being taken !! In that period - the barman who was supposed to be taking my order - walked off and served someone else without a word. Finally someone checked - I presume the manager - and my order was taken.

Normally I would have walked out and gone elsewhere - but as I was a guest at a party - that was not really possible.

The food order was wrongly delivered. My wife got her request[ but no side order ] and I got the wrong dish. They messed up someone else's order too. Perhaps the kitchen was in a rush to finish up for the evening but it was shambolic nonetheless. Food quality was standard pub grub at best -definitely not worth any trip for - Gastro pub its not !

Overall pretty dismal but it could be so much better if they got their act together. If you are In Earlsfield - I am not a local to the area - there looked to be a whole range of restaurants in the main street near the station which could only be better than this for food.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Two years ago the beer was great here,expensive but reliable, now it is terrible lots of my mates will not drink in here anymore come on youngs sort it ou