The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL
Reserve with OpenTable
The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,472 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you're at the Novotel London ExCeL for breakfast, lunch or dinner, the menu is sure to delight. The Upper Deck restaurant serves an international menu and offers an à la carte service. What's more, the restaurant enjoys stunning views of Royal Victoria Dock and we recommend eating during sunset to make your meal that bit more spectacular. The relaxed environment and stylish setting provides the perfect place to grab a hearty meal.Fancy a light bite or a beverage? Head to the Upper Deck Bar situated within the hotel and sample their wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages with your light snack.
“Smallest fish ever”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Reconstituted chips,tiny piece of fish and greasily cooked .....reheated.Slight crust on mushy peas.Terrible and yet reviews recommend it.Wine nice and waitress nice and friendly....asked in the first ten minutes if food was ok.....it was so bad I didn't have the heart to complain,tired after the exhibition and hungry for food not an argument.Just will never go three again.Bar looked nice tho.Not a resident....stayed at Ibis next door.

Visited May 2014
NovotelLondonExCeL, Manager at The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Stuart,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write about your food experience with us.
I would like to insist that we are taking guests' comments very seriously as it helps us to improve in our services.
I was very surprised to read your comments regarding your food experience as you mentioned we have a good reputation on delivering a good quality of food. i was extremily dissapointed that you did not enjoy the food served on the day.
On a very positive note,i am delighted to read that our team has delivered a friendly service after a long day.

This comment has been passed to the chef to ensure our standards are always on the high level.

Once again I would like to apologise in behalf of our chef and I hope this situation will not stop you to come back in a near future.

Kind Regards,

• Arabic first
Dallas, Georgia
“Not just a Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This restaurant is by far one of the best in the area and not just some Hotel eats place.

With all the other places within walking distance from here, this place has to be good and it is.

Just about everything on the menu is also available in the lounge...but why short change your experience....eat here and you will not be sorry.

1 Thank Tony A
NovotelLondonExCeL, Manager at The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Mr Tony,

I would like to thak you for taking your time to write for us about your experience at Novotel London Excel Upper Deck Bar and REstaurant.

We are delighted to hear that we exceed your expectation in our Bar and Restaurant, it is very important to us to receive feedback from our guests to ensure we are always delivering the standards Novotel is promising.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you in a near futur and also to indulge yourself with our new menu at our Upper Deck Bar and Restaurant.

Kind Regards,

Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food here is very good quality but the menu is very slim and rather expensive. Service is excellent and we were not waiting long for food.

Visited January 2014
NovotelLondonExCeL, Manager at The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Mr Chris,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate to us your experince in our hotel. We are glad you had a enjoyable dinne experinece in the Upper Deck Bar and our staff was attentive and fast in deliver your food.

We will take in consideration your comment regards our menu as a feedback for the new menu design and food selection.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Peterborough
“Bloody slow slow slow..”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Was dining with my family, I have have two children one of them suffers from autism and will not wait an hour for chips fish fingers and peas. Food was lovely but the speed was shocking. Arrived at 6.30 didn't leave restaurant till just before 9pm

waitress didn't understand English very well and was poorly trained.

Food was great when it arrived but was ruined by the sheer slowness of it all.

Visited January 2014
NovotelLondonExCeL, Manager at The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Sir /Madam,

We would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback in regards the Upper Deck Restaurant.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your food however, the service didint exceed your expectations. I do apologise for the inconvinient that may cause you and your family. The restaurant team has been trained to ensure children's are served as soon as possible by the parents request. After this incident all the restaurant team has been trained once agin to ensure this will not happen agin in the future.

Once again i do apologise for the inconvinient. I hope to welcome you and your family back in a near future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Like a previous reviewer I did not have high expectations for a meal at Novotel, so I was pleasantly surprised when this exceeded my expectations. Whilst the food was good the service was not so good. The waitress forgot my dessert order and the waiting staff were so busy chatting between themselves at the entrance that they ignored customers as they left. The dining room itself is modern with touches reflecting the nautical theme. As the eating choice around Excel is limited then I would happily go again if I was visiting Excel as there is little choice in the venue itself.

• Visited January 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us. Thank yyou for your comments about the food and staff. We take serious customers feedback as it helps us to always deliver a high standard service to our guests, in which in your case the staff attention wasn't satisfactory. I do apologise for the experience you had in our restaurant. I appreciate your comment as it will help us to improve our services and customer service.

Once again i apologise and I hope to welcoming you and your guests in a near future.

Regards,

Food & Beverage Services Manager

Travelers who viewed The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL also viewed

Been to The Upper Deck Restaurant & Bar at the Novotel London ExCeL? Share your experiences!