“Amazing atmosphere and great tea!”
Review of Bou Tea - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bou Tea
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I popped into Boutea a few weeks ago just before my shift at the Royal Opera House (I'm a freelance stage manager so get about a bit!) and since I was in a bit of a rush just ordered a standard Jasmine tea to go, which the lovely waitress brewed for me there and then, and even offered to keep my leaves for an hour, which was a lovely sentiment, but I wouldn't get a break for another 5! The tea was lovely and just what I needed to pep me up before work. Yesterday I met up with some girlfriends for lunch and we decided to go to Boutea for a spot of tea afterwards. This was a great idea. We got sat into the cosy shop (which was nice and warm after walking from Holborn in the rain!) and the guy gave us a 'tea list' which ran to 6 pages! After much perusing of the list I opted for the Hojikha (think that was how it was spelt) which was billed as a Japanese green tea with tones of nut and caramel. My friends went for Sencha Sakura (which is cherry flavoured) and Jasmine Green Tea. We each tried the others and they were all gorgeous. Not only that, but once you were finished with your pot, you just tipped the lid and the man came and resteeped your leaves for free! Also, the cakes looked and smelled amazing, with one of my friends remarking that she wanted to climb into the oven, and if we hadn't been so stuffed from lunch I'm sure we would have tried them out! To quote my friend this was 'the best £2 ever spent' and I'm positive we will be going back to sample more of their delightful teas!

1  Thank SManRG
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Apart from the fact it is refreshing to find somewhere that serves a decent cup of tea, Bou Tea has a great atmosphere and the owner Gemma can not do enough for you. Close to Covent Garden without being too busy Bou Tea is part of what I love about the Oprah Quarter, good independent retailers.

As well as the great selection of teas to drink the tea based snacks and cakes are a real treat.

My favorite place for a cup of tea in London.

1  Thank AidanUK