“Customer service”

Ranked #772 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Chicago
“Customer service”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed in the hotel Maitrise in London for four nights. I arrived from the US at about 10:30 in the morning. I asked whether I could have access to my room. I was told that it was the hotel policy that access not be allowed until 2 PM, unless I was willing to pay 40 pounds more. I of course refused, left, and did not return until the evening. At that time, the people on the desk had changed. I asked about this so called 'policy', and was told there was no such policy. I requested that they inform the morning desk clerk.

In general, the staff was unhelpful and, in the case of one person, completely either misinformed or untruthful.

On the plus side, the rooms were clean.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London
Reviewed November 4, 2009

The hotel is situated in area 2 close to the center.Just in from of the hotel there is a bus stop, where i use to take the number 98 to go to Oxford Circus, from there i could arrive to anywhere.It´s just took me 20min to arrive by bus but of course always depending on the traffic.Also there is a metro station just 5 min walking from the hotel...So it was good conected.
Great food at the restaurant,i liked the open kitchen, clean a tidy.Good and profesional service.
I could find the room pretty sweet,confortable and modern with all the necessary facilities to feel at home, good bed by the way!
Great customer service.

Definitly i will come back! :)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
GManagerMaidaVale, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2009
Many thanks for your kind comments.

We are new and constantly learning and developing and still have lots to do.

Hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the not so distant future.

Cardiff
Reviewed November 1, 2009

My partner organised our one night trip for my birthday. I must say the hotel is pretty impressive when first entering. We stayed in an executive suite on the 4th floor. We took the elevator to our floor, but when the doors opened we were greeted by a lot of mess and rubbish where the rooms were being cleaned. The room itself was very clean and neat but VERY VERY small. I don't know what was so 'executive' about it, but I dread to think of how big a standard room is. The bathroom was again tiny, but had everything you needed, however we were very disappointed that the heated towel rail didn't work. I had quite possibly the worst night's sleep ever, even after consuming a botel of wine! The room was absolutely BOILING! I think we were next to the boiler for the whole hotel because it was also extremely noisy. The bed was not a standard double, it was more like a large single, and it was very hard. We were also awoken at 5.50am by the ipod/radio/alarm. We did have great trip; Kilburn Park tube station is literally 2 minutes away, but the hotel was very out of the way of everything the city has to offer.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Just wanted to follow up on the issues you encountered during your stay with us.

First of all please realise that your comments are taking constructively, our aim and purpose is to make you happy and if there is something we can learn by, we will, so it is not repeated.

We are a new hotel and so need to develop all the time.

Unfortunately when you got to the executive floor, we were cleaning the floor, so that did not give the best impression. I will review this and see if rubbish from the rooms can be cleared and deposited in one area out of the way, so that it does not give a bad impression.
In respect of the rooms themselves some are cozy and some are larger, but would not say any of our rooms are very very small for London rooms especially they are big, we recognise that it would be nice for it to be bigger, but we more than make up for this with the facilities we offer. We do have luggage storage in a special compartment under the bed, a desk area with chair, fully fitted wardrobe, with mini bar and safe, designer fittings, ipod station, plasma screen and a clean
air in and out system that compliments the air con all in a interior designed room.
I am sorry you were boiling, the aircon is activated through a slot above the housekeeping, do not disturb & doorbell display unit, We now have put this in the directory and are having stickers made up explaining this, so apololgies if this was not clear and explained to you. It is a training matter that i will follow up on aswell.

The heated towel rail is activated by a switch on the unit itself and switch outside the bathroom to turn the power to the rail, I have resolved this with the housekeeper.

Re the bed , our beds are all standard doubles, All the rooms are the same size no matter what floor, they are all the same size, the difference between the standard double and the executive is the complimentary Still & Sparkling water, cooked breakfast included, use of the Bannatynes health club, chocolate on the pillow and Elsyl toileteries all on the top floor of the hotel with better features and lighting. I do feel that we need to change the name from executive to deluxe maybe as it may give the impression the rooms are larger than the rest. We really do not want to mislead anyone so will look into this as a matter of urgency.

Re the ipod alarm, the previous guest obviously set the alarm and so it will now be part of our room check list for the chambermaids to make sure this is off. I am really sorry about this.

With regards to where we are located. We are really in a fabulous location, we should have explained this better and we would have told you how to get from a to b. We are literally 6 mins from Paddington, so ideal for the heathrow express, 15 mins from oxford circus and Soho and 12 mins wembley stadium. All this information is now in a new guest directory in the room.

I appreciate your feedback and would love the opportunity to demonstrate that we can get it all right and that we are an ideal valued spot, when visiting London again. Please feel free to contact me, ii you wish to book again and maybe we can arrange another bottle of wine.

Luton, Beds
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Booked here with some trepidation after looking at reviews. We were going to a concert at Wembley. This is easily accessed from Kilburn Park Underground and Kilburn High road overground. Tesco metro (7am-11pm) across the road, plenty of other shops and restaurant/take-aways around. Check-in may seem a little impersonal, but is just a cultural thing. Hotel is generally clean and tidy. Our room, although compact, was very comfortable with good quality fittings and fixtures. Double glazed windows did the job of blotting out noise from the high street. Air con kept the room warm in October, when we went. Didn't hear any noise from the bar, it was Saturday and there was a DJ. Inclusive breakfast was plentiful and fresh, some guests had the cooked breakfast which looked like a childs portion and nouvelle cuisine. Overall a good one night stay for us and would recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind comments.

We are new and constantly learning and developing. I take your point on the breakfast size and have addressed and resolved. It was a training matter, because our breakfasts are normally quite substantial.

We have actually stopped the DJ on Friday & Saturday nights and have chill out music. People simply love to come for a meal and cocktail or late night drink in beautiful surroundings so there was no need for the DJ.

I appreciate all comments made, we aim to do our very best to please. If we fail on something we will learn by it.

Hope to see you again in the future, don't hesitate to contact me.

Northants
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We stayed here for 1 night as we were going to a restaurant in Mayfair.
The hotel reception is lovely and the staff were very friendly. The room is not the largest I've ever stayed in but it was perfect for our stay. Decor was nice and so was the bathroom.
The bar downstairs was very lively but we couldn't hear any of the noise in our room.
The tube is a short 3 min walk away.
I would definately stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Many thanks, for your kind comments.

We are constantly learning and developing, lots to do in a new hotel and we will get there. I am proud of the hotel and offer we are creating.

Look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Call me if I can be of assistance.

Best Regards