“Exceptional Value For Money”

Best Western Maitrise Hotel
Ranked #762 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

An enjoyable check-in with Dominika, who was kind enough to answer our questions on travel in her home country, Poland. We reported a minor problem in our room and the hotel insisted that we change. Our new room was perfectly fine and functional, the shower and bathroom facilities perfectly adequate. We chose this hotel as it's an easy commute to Wembley Stadium. We enjoyed a continental breakfast, included in the room rate. The breakfast staff were prompt and attentive, and they cleaned tables quickly after residents departed. I was particularly impressed with the noise cancellation of the double glazing. The busy road outside the hotel couldn't be heard at all. In this part of Wembley, there is a fascinating cultural mix of Persian, Lebanese, Arabic, Polish, Afghan peoples, with what appears to be some interesting restaurants from these cultures. We would definitely return to this hotel and cannot fault it or its staff in any way. Considering the room rates, the management is doing an excellent job in providing this value for money.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us this kind review.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and facilities, we think it's a gem :) made all that more special by staff who genuinely care about our customers.

The hotel has a wonderful central location with fantastic transport links, great for enjoying this wonderful city. As you have mentioned there is a real mix of cultures and some delightful cuisines to be enjoyed......

Don't forget to call us directly for your next visit to get more favorable rates as a returning guest.

Kind Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights last week on B&B basis.KHRd is not the 'sexiest' address in London but this hotel is very accessible,tube,bus,train all within 250m,you're in Oxford St in 15mins. Tiny bedroom making aircon a bit noisy and no window notwithstanding, this was great value,awesome en suite almost like a wet-room.
For this money, nearer the city you would be sharing a bathroom, get no breakfast ,have ancient plumbing and be lucky to have your existence acknowledged.I got breakfast(cooked to order, 5 hot choices)very hospitable staff and an all round very memorable stay.
Not the Ritz ,the staff are inexperienced but keen,the breakfast was ok but not stunning all round though,this hotel is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank uptherossies
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you very much for writing us this review.

The hotel does have very good transport links and is easily accessible for travel into and out of central London.

Many of our staff are new and still training and with time we think they will offer first class service to envy any 5* hotel :) they are friendly and are indeed very keen to get it right.

Please call us directly for your next stay, we like to reward return stay customers with more favourable rates.

Your feedback is important to the continious improvement of our services.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am not sure who I am most annoyed with. The hotel management or Priceline, the booking engine where I bid for a 4 star hotel and have at best got a 2 star. I have to suffer this place for another two nights.
Let's forget about the techncial faults like the double glazing that fell out and the water that doesn't drain properly down the shower tray.
Let me concentrate on the the sloppy staff and rip-off policies. Like the fee of £4 to use the luggage room or the extra £5 if I want to have eggs for breakfast. I thought I had breakfast included but apparently I only get continental breakfast.
Then let me mention the staff who appeared in their coats at 7.15 on Monday morning when the breakfast is supposed to start at 7.00; the chef having to apologise that the staff had not yet arrived for work.
This is not a 4 star! The bar doubles as a breakfast room. The accomodation is tiny. There is no parking. There are none of the usual international 4 star facilities. I guess the moral of all of this is don't use Priceline. Maybe someone should start a "Search Engine Advisor dot com."

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

Naturally we are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay or felt let down by the hotel. Priceline is a thrid party booking site, we do not have a direct affilation with them and bookings come to us via another channel who they work with. All agents which we work with are given a full description of the hotel and it's facilities.

When you make a booking you can choose to book a rate with continental breakfast or you can upgrade to the Full English breakfast rate which is £5.00 more, this is for any slection from our a la carte menu but it gives the customer more choice.

We apologize for the staff being late at breakfast, unfortunately London is a very busy place with alot of commuters and very occassionally this happens.

We are located very closely to another 4* hotel which charges rates 4 times per night what we charge so we think we offer good value for money.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

A friend of mine visiting London from the US booked this hotel for both of us through Priceline (where you make a bid and then get what you're given). The room we were given was a twin- but with no window. The very small room (006) is in the basement. I have no idea how you would escape if there was a fire. I shall be looking to see if it actually is legal.
Although the booking was made and paid for 3 nights, I couldn't stand it and left after one night.
Horrible.

As for the hotel in general- very clean and modern, staff lovely, beds comfortable.

Room Tip: Don't book a twin. We were told they are all in the basement.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review.

The hotel has 7 twin bedded rooms which are located in the lower ground floor and obviously they do not have windows. The rooms are advertised as such. We are not able to comment on how you make your booking via priceline as they are a third party site.
There is a fire exit located in the ground floor and hotel has full and annual risk assessments done so all legal grounds are covered.

I am glad that you found other aspects of the hotel to a good standard such as the staff and the comfortable beds.

Thanks for completing this review, we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in November 2012 for my partners birthday, upon arrival we were sent to our room - we weren't even shown to we're we would be staying (It doesn't take much) on the way we walked past a room that had dirty plates full of food on the landing - these plates stayed here during the duration of our stay! 3 Days!!!! Online I booked a VIP room, which I payed a lot for - clearly this was not what I received, more like a box room with just enough room to get out either side. I personally would not recommend this hotel unless things changed

Room Tip: Please avoid!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James E
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for writing us your review.

Unfortunately the receptionist cannot leave the desk to show all of the customers to their rooms, they point you to the lift and tell you which floor you are located and there are signs throughout the building.

I am confused by the dirty plates you claim were in the corridor for three days. The hotel only swerves breakast in the dining room. On viewing the CCTV in the corridors i cannot find plates anywhere and all of the rooms and corridors are checked daily by the head house-keeper.

We admit that our rooms are not large, we do not advertise them as such hence the difference in price to standard rooms is £10.00. We do however feel that our rooms offer a comfrotable stay with all the facilites you would need, completed to a very high standard with quality fixtures and furnishings.

We thank you for sharing your opinion with us and we appreciate the feedback of all of our visitors to improve our services.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Not sure if it is a 4 star quality hotel however I was very happy with my stay

Yes the rooms are small compared to what I normally stay in but there was enough room to store our belongings and freely move about

Good overall design of the rooms

Negatives - Room gets hot easily, crack in one of the tiles in bathroom floor.

I wasn't aware of needing a £50 deposit upon check in for damage, however it is put on hold not actuallt taken out of your account I was told

Staff very helpful and professional, breakfast was as expected for a continental.

Would stay again

Room Tip: If going travelling via train, don't get off at Kilburn tube stop as it is a 15 minute walk. Use...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review following your stay. Feedback is important to us to continue to improve our services.

We feel that the hotel offers good value for money compared to many hotels who charge more for poor quality.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future and if you call us directly we offer better rates for return customers.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

4-star hotels do NOT DO the following:
-this hotel used MCDONALDS napkins at the breakfast tables.
-they charge you extra for hot breakfast and the free continental is weak.
-the rooms are tiny - i.e. no room for your suitcase and my bathroom had zero counter space.
-they actually re-folded my damp towels that i had left on the floor (as if i wouldn't notice)
-no lotion
-no automated wake-up so the guy at the front desk does it manually and you end up with a late wake up call.
-the hallways smell bad and instead of solving the problem (open the windows, change the carpets) they cover it up with air freshener.

Now, if they were just honest about their true identity as a "decent 3-star hotel" and priced accordingly, I wouldn't mind the above. The place is close to the tube, has a boutique-feel, staff friendly and is generally clean. The reason we all get angry (check the other comments) is because you expect a lot better from a 4-star.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business