My fiancée and I stayed at Quality Maitrise for three nights, and we thought it was the perfect base for our first visit to London. The hotels is located close to the tube stations Kilburn High Road and Kilburn Park, and it's fairly quick to get to anywhere you want from those stations.
We arrived at 1 PM at this modern hotel and were able to check in straight away, which was great. Our room was quite small, but as we weren't planning on hanging out in the room too much during our London visit, we didn't see that as an issue at all. The shower was absoutely heavenly, with very good water pressure. The lighting in the bathroom was very good as well.
There's a small fridge for the guests' use in the room, which is great for storing water or beer or whatever you like. The room was very quiet at night and the airconditioning worked superbly. The design of the room was modern and minimalistic, and most importantly, it was clean!
The staff were friendly and made us feel very welcome.
However, there are three things that keep me from giving this hotel full score:
1. The bed was not very comfortable to sleep in at all. I have read somewhere that the hotel recently changed all their mattresses for orthopaedic mattresses, but in that case I think they've been cheated for the mattress toppers. I could feel the springs through the mattress, and I actually woke up a couple of times each night bebause of it.
2: The internet was very unstable. As I said, we didn't go to London to stay in our hotel room, so it didn't really matter that much, but it's nice to be able to google stuff when you're wondering where to go and so on.
3: The breakfast was really disappointing. The staff was unattentive (we never got the coffee they asked us if we wanted, and the buffet was rarely refilled), and the selection was poor. But I guess the selection is a bit culturally dependant, and where I come from the hotel breakfasts usually have a lot more to offer than pastry, yoghurt, fruit and some dry toast.
But all in all,Quality Maitrise offered just what we wanted as our base for our visit to London, it's close to the tube, the bathroom was nice, and everything was spotlessly clean. Wil definitely come back at another occasion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Maitrise Hotel is a 4 star boutique hotel, located in London's fashionable Maida Vale. The hotel opened its doors in summer 2009 following extensive refurbishment of a locally listed Victorian fronted building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Maitrise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Maitrise Hotel London, England