“One of the best activities in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thames Rockets

and up
High-Speed Thames River RIB Cruise in London
Ranked #1 of 185 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The original, fastest and most exhilarating sightseeing speedboats on the river Thames today. Thames Rockets set sail in 2006 offering these unique sightseeing adventures to the public for the very first time. More experience, more style and more returning passengers year on year. Slice through London at 30 knots as the Thames is eaten up by 630hp of engine power. Zoom under the capital’s famous bridges and marvel at London’s landmarks from your exclusive vantage point. Our award winning comedian tour guides ensure sparkling highbrow banter as you 'pull G' past the House of Parliament before holding on tight for an exhilarating trip to Canary Wharf and back mission accomplished on this exhilarating Thames speedboat trip.This experience departs hourly from the world famous "London Eye" Pier, 7 days a week, throughout the year. Perfect for birthday celebrations, unique dates, reunions, family outings, groups of friends, staff gatherings, hen & stag do's, corporate entertaining, team building, engagements, school outings and more.Suitable for all ages 1 to 101! Toddlers and grandma alike willl love this speedy experience. This ultimate sightseeing adventure is great whatever the weather, wet weather kit provided for all ages and sizes."Five star" rating from London's Timeout Magazine, awarded a "Gold Tourist Attraction" in first year of sailing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best activities in London”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I booked this as part of my girlfriend's 30th birthday trip to London and we weren't disappointed. Our guides James and Ian were fantastic and seeing London this way was very special. I was also very impressed by the lady who greeted us at the pier and got us ready to go. We went on a 241 voucher that made the trip great value for money and I found the staff on the telephone booking to be extremely helpful. All in all one of the best experiences we have had in London!

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cool dudes - cool trip”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The dudes that operate this ride are really cool, happy, and talented. They ride the boat like james bond and their tourist talk up the Thames is interesting and has flair - it was a real pleasure to come across such a world class operation at fantastic value and quality - oh and I cannot remember the names but I met six guys and they were all great - thank you thank you thank you

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“London rib voyage”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

What a fantastic time we all had! I have lived in London for 21 years, and for the first time I have done something in London that was brilliant fun and, more importantly, well worth every penny. I would recommend to anyone visiting London, and I hope you'll be lucking enough to have the Earl of Essex guiding you through this exhilarating boat trip! We were all given warm coats to wear and if we needed trousers, but we were happy with just the coats. We were a party of 11, with ages ranging between 4 and 70 years.

Watford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Miles more fun than I thought, do it”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

London is such an amazing city and seeing it from the water is a joy. The small boats are intimate and don't think you're hurtling around for an hour. You start off by gently cruising towards Canary Wharf from the London Eye so you can take in your surroundings and then the boat let's rip as it moves into eastern waters which is masses of fun without being scary. The commentary on the way back was excellent as there are so many things to point out, some I knew but many I did not. The guide was funny and charismatic, I recommend this for sure.

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“Rib Boat”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My son and I went up to London on the 16-03-14. As we walked over Westminster Bridge we saw the Rib Boat. Both our eyes lit up with excitement. This was definitely a ride that we had to go on.
The rib was called the "Red Rocket", the tour guide was "Little Mike", what a great chap he was and not forgetting the superb skipper who's name I unfortunately cannot remember, sorry!
We will both be coming back for the extra length ride which takes you up to the Millennium Dome.

Visited March 2014

Been to Thames Rockets? Share your experiences!