“Absolutely Fantastic!!”
Review of Thames Rockets

Thames Rockets
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The original, fastest and most exhilarating sightseeing speedboats on the river Thames today. Thames Rockets set sail in 2006 offering these unique sightseeing adventures to the public for the very first time. More experience, more style and more returning passengers year on year. Slice through London at 30 knots as the Thames is eaten up by 630hp of engine power. Zoom under the capital’s famous bridges and marvel at London’s landmarks from your exclusive vantage point. Our award winning comedian tour guides ensure sparkling highbrow banter as you 'pull G' past the House of Parliament before holding on tight for an exhilarating trip to Canary Wharf and back mission accomplished on this exhilarating Thames speedboat trip. This experience departs hourly from the world famous "London Eye" Pier, 7 days a week, throughout the year. Perfect for birthday celebrations, unique dates, reunions, family outings, groups of friends, staff gatherings, hen & stag do's, corporate entertaining, team building, engagements, school outings and more.Suitable for all ages 1 to 101! Toddlers and grandma alike willl love this speedy experience. This ultimate sightseeing adventure is great whatever the weather, wet weather kit provided for all ages and sizes."Five star" rating from London's Timeout Magazine, awarded a "Gold Tourist Attraction" in first year of sailing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Took my mother on a London rib voyage and it was brilliant. The james bond theme music was a great touch and when we got up to full speed it was totally exhilarating whilst still feeling completely safe. Everyone concerned was friendly and helpful and Steve our guide was outstanding. Being told really interesting facts about London that I didn't know by a Welshman did seem very surreal, but his knowledge and humour was the icing on the cake of a great experience.
The only downside was that I wished I had booked the longer trip.
Next time I will.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,364)
All reviews
in 105 reviews
"canary wharf"
in 213 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Pouring rain, grey skies and a muddy brown Thames... not the stuff memories are made of you may think? But oh how wrong you are! Myself and my little man will never forget this experience. From the minute we arrived and were decked out in full 'wet weather' gear we were made to feel like VIP's. We were introduced to our tour guide, Steve and our Skipper who made us feel like we were their only passengers - such a personal service! My little man was in his element and still believes there are sharks in the Thames!! The speed boat was exhilarating and breathtaking and was balanced perfectly with Steve's witty and humorous guide to the city. Whilst engaging with his adult audience he didn't forget my little chap and kept him spellbound throughout the trip. Just a perfect day and one which my prince and I will always remember. Thank you!!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked this for my boyfriends 30th birthday, as part of a whole London day out. I used the 2FOR1 voucher available when you travel by train and this meant that we got great value for money. We both absolutely loved the experience. The staff were great - we met 3 in total and all of them were lovely and very friendly. There was a child on our trip and all the staff were wonderful with him, letting him help out and explaining about the boat making him laugh etc. The boat was in good order and the commentary was top class and very funny, as well as interesting and a lot of quirky facts that I had never heard else where were presented. Everyone on our trip (and the boat was full) thoroughly enjoyed it. Great present for my boyfriend and was a novel way to experience London, that can be enjoyed by everyone - natives and tourists alike! It did start to rain whilst we were on the boat (waterproofs were provided) and even this didn't take any of the shine from the experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This has been on my bucket list for a while. The weather was amazing, the staff polite knowledgeable and funny. The Thames was even more beautiful today and the music soundtrack added to a thrilling hour on the River. Must do this again. When we really got moving, it was a total adrenaline rush. Thanks Steve and crew for a totally great afternoon.