“Nice Decor.....: poor food!”
Review of Brasserie of Light

Brasserie of Light
Reserve a Table
Mon, 2/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #2,547 of 27,498 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Contemporary, artistic and elegant, Brasserie of Light is a new destination restaurant and bar offering all day dining in a chic, Art Deco space set within Selfridges department store. Brasserie of Light will serve an eclectic mix of classic British and internationally inspired dishes with an extensive all-day A La Carte menu featuring; breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and weekend brunch.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wasn’t very hungry so I ordered the fish goujons. The food was presented nicely but the goujons were over cooked. Also I wasn’t well afterwards so I guess they were cooked in dirty oil? I did phone up to complain but the manager did not get back to me. My husband had a burger and he said it was just ok. Food very overpriced for what you get. The decor and atmosphere makes up for the food but I will not be rushing back.

Date of visit: January 2020
TheIvyCollection, Marketing at Brasserie of Light, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We would like to discuss your experience with you, however we have been unable to find your details on our reservation system. May we please ask you to get in touch with us at guestrelations@theivy-collection.com providing your name, contact telephone number, and the below reference number.

Ref: carolinekG6452WL

Many thanks

Brasserie of Light Team

Write a reviewReviews (376)

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

There is nothing about this place I don’t love. Staff service food decor and atmosphere. If the fact it is in Selfridges feels odd for anyone it really doesn’t feel like it is in-store especially if you use separate Duke Street entrance

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 16, 2020

We had our Christmas lunch here in the private dining room from 12 noon to 5pm you have to leave by 5pm so they are able to set up for the next event which would be from about 6pm ish - there is no cost to hire the room and they supply flowers for the tables at no cost - seats 24 seated and 30 ish for standing. Food and service were excellent. Prices competitive to most London venues cocktails £13.95 for a glass of Laurent Perrier £43 for a bottle of Graham Beck Sparkling. Coffee £3.95 and about £45, £55 £65 per person for 3 courses from a set menu.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

The setting and the service is very good but the food is ordinary - not bad but definitely not interesting. Consequently overpriced.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

We went there as a Christmas celebration, the staff were very professional and they were accommodating. The food was brilliant, i enjoyed it from starters till dessert!

One downside is the time limit.