Tommy Miah's Raj Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in London
See available hotels
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed for one night, room was very clean, staff were excellent happy to help me out with bus routes, timetables, etc.. Room had flatscreen tv, freeview, was very warm (but the window did open!) 24 hour concierge service. Think upmarket b&b and you'll be very happy staying there!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed in single room whilst looking for somewhere to live in islington. Friendly staff and nice room. Digital TV, clean sheets, spotless bathroom and very good value.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Not happy….
Following our stay at this hotel I am thinking of taking action on them via the small claims courts.
When we arrived we were taken to our room via a goods lift, which was fine, we were happy with our room, though thought it odd that there was a sign saying there had been no hot water all that day.
We went out and upon returning I opened the door and realised our room was flooded - the water pipes had burst. Management were not helpful and my friend who was staying in another room helped rescue what could be rescued of our stuff which was drenched - water was pouring out over the toilet and from the walls.
We asked for something in writing stating what had happened and were refused. After waiting in reception for a while to be moved we were told to go with a taxi driver who was told to find us a hotel!!
We then had to pay for our taxi to a hotel that was dirty and the rooms were cramped that was a couple of miles away, though we were lucky that the taxi driver could find us anywhere.
In the morning my friend had to get a cab back to the Tommy Raj to collect his car - again spending more of his own money.
We have called the hotel, who have been very unhelpful, lied (saying they refunded us - they didn't) and hanging up the phone on us.
We are looking into a small claims court now, as I don't feel they should get away with this disgusting behavior.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank flexer81
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Hotel was more than we expected. Room was nice and clean, bed was very comfortable and bathroom spacious and very clean. Location is great because Islington is interesting part of London (nice restaurants, bars, antique shops) across the street was two supertmarkets (they both work till 11 p.m.), and bus station (direct line from hotel to the central London). Little problem can be noise (can be solved with an ear plugs). Staff was great and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brankojana
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We only needed a crash pad and this was the right price in the right location. The Receptionist at check in was completely disinterested verging on rude. The room stank of stale smoke. Usually I'd reqest another room, but I assumed they'd all be as bad. The bathroom was at least clean and newly refurbished. The toilet cistern however made an extremely startling noise whenever the toilet was used and the drians stank. The bed was ridiculously uncomfortable but at least the sheets seemed freshly laundered.

Breakfast was a standard affair, but service was non-existant. When tea was finally forthcoming, I had to help myself to tecups from behind the bar.

I don't think I'd stay again or recommend this place. The Lift was a wheeze though.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple