“Amazing authentic Greek restaurant”
Review of The Four Lanterns

The Four Lanterns
Reserve with OpenTable
The Four Lanterns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,725 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
“Amazing authentic Greek restaurant”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant by accident and we are so glad we did!

We were greeted by a lovely friendly waiter and shown into the intimate homely restaurant.

There was so much choice on the menu and everything sounded delicious. The portions are quite large and packed full of flavour. I have spent a lot of time in Greece and have not found a good Greek restaurant outside of Greece...until now! This place beats many in Greece! It is absolutely beautiful and the staff are lovely.

Great relaxed atmosphere. We had a lovely night with amazing food.

I just wish we lived close enough to go every night!

• Polish first
Chippenham
“Make sure you are hungry!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I am grateful to Tripadvisor for highlighting restaurants I would normally never dream of going to. We were looking for a goodness on Saturday night, near the hotel where we were staying. Tripadvisor showed us a number of highly rated restaurants nearby but we chose Greek, as we do not get it at home and ended up at The Four Lanterns. It is a basic Greek restaurant serving all the Greek traditional foods, tucked away on a quiet street behind Tottenham Court Road.

We were warmly welcomed by the owner and seated. Our waitress was fast and efficient. We chose mixed starters, a bit of everything and quite delicious. I had Kleftiko for main which was very tender and tasty, while my husband had the mixed grill. I have to say I've never seen such a huge plate of meat before! It was very tasty too!

Two courses, a salad and 4 beers (the Greek Keo is very nice) set us back £48, which for an authentic, delicious meal in central London is excellent value.

1 Thank SnowWhite78
London
“Love this place”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Like Greek - this is the place to go, small but with amazing fresh food and good service. Try the homemade taramosalata and Kleftico!

• Visited August 2012
Massachusetts
“Excellent and unassuming”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

It's small and tucked away in a street brimming with restaurants. It does have metal utensils but isn't much fancier than that. However, several of the dishes we ordered were real standouts: the dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) may be the best we've ever had (on any continent), the skewered lamb was tender and cooked to absolute perfection and the bed of rice on which it was served was fragrant. The service was fine but I had the sense that there was a language barrier (funny how that happens so often in London). Left very satisfied and pleased with the find.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“lovely Greek Restaurant”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant just around the corner from our hotel and found it to be an excellent choice with a good atmosphere. The staff were friendly and the food superb. I had the dolmades ( stuffed vine leaves ) starter and my wife had the haloumi, for mains I had the lamb casserole and my wife had stuffed peppers. Both of us struggled to finish the meal as there was so much. We paid £42 for all the food and a bottle of wine which I don't think is bad especially for London. The owner has been there for 30 years so must be doing something right. The restaurant was very busy mostly with repeat customers. We will be using this restaurant again next time we visit London.

• Visited October 2012