“Abysmal”
Review of Thai Tho - Soho

Thai Tho - Soho
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Tho - Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,710 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: The best Thai food in town
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I don't know what kind of food other people reviewing this restaurant are used to eating, but I can assure you that the food served in Thai Tho is nothing short of a disgrace. My husband and I had a late lunch here on Monday (7th Jan 2013) The food was awful. So much so that I didn't eat mine and my husband hardly ate any of his (which is unheard of). I have read other reviews which mention the word 'Authentic' I want to know which part of Thailand they are used to eating in. I think they are pushing the boundaries to call themselves Thai. We ordered the jungle curry and pad thai. 2 of the most simple Thai dishes available in any restaurant. They both arrived looking like warm ups, and neither of them tasted good. How anyone can make noodles as chewy as they were is beyond me. Take my advice and avoid it like the plague. Your money will be better spent elsewhere!

1  Thank Chelaire
There are newer reviews for Thai Tho - Soho

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lovely Thai Food. Nice surroundings. The staff were a bit busy chatting sometimes to notice if we were trying to get their attention. But the food was spot on.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Tasty food but possibly laced with MSG based on the crazy dreams had that night! Service is quick and cheerful, good set menu for £22. Make sure you have a starter if you need filling up.Nothing more to say, typical sit down takeaway style food in nice surroundings.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is by far the worst restaurant i have ever been to, food was crap, There was ten of us. Some got there starters early and some of us had to wait 30mins, while our friends were almost starting there mains, staff were rude and then when we asked to have money off the bill because of poor service. Most of the staff surrounded us saying they would call the police. I've never ever witnessed this in my life....

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked a table for 5pm on a Wednesday, the restaurant was empty nice and quiet the way we like it. Service was very good, the food was wonderful a bit expensive but worth it.
The restaurant is very well decorated, the music was not Thai style but modern western pop at a volume that was not too loud.
The food was well cooked ant looked good, we ordered the set menu for 2 people and found that the portion sizes were very generous.
Well located just next to Piccadilly Circus.