“Terrible”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

A rude waiter who kept ignoring us most of the time and at the end demanded a tip. He actually put it in the machine himself! I was shocked. should've called the manager but all I wanted was to get put of there.
Food awful and over priced. Soggy brown salad disgusting.
Ruined my day

JoannSmith, Public Relations Manager at Angus Steakhouse - Argyll St, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Our waiters are trained never to request tips, and I'm surprised to hear this happened. We take this behaviour very seriously and would like to deal with the staff member involved. Please email us on info@angussteakhouse.co.uk so we're able to do so.

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT VISIT THIS PLACE”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Me and my husband visited you Argyll Street branch last Friday for the first time. We are quite a regular London food eater and I have never come across such a bad service and ridiculously high priced food. When we looked at the menu we really thought that the price we are paying we will get a nice flavour meal. We ordered 2 chicken Skewer, we waited for about good 45 mins for our food to get served. I kept saying excuse me to get one of the waiter attention but they were completely ignoring me. We found the restaurant with very tight spaced with lots of waiters with very rude behaviour and long delay in serving food. When food arrived it was not worth the money, small portion of boiled rice and 2 chicken skewers with a bit of bbq sauce, again no speciality of flavour in food. The most frustrating thing happened when we paid the bill after paying £20 per person we were still hungry and the waiter forcefully asked us to pay him tip. We are always happy to pay gratuity but not for such a poor service by which you are very unhappy.
I always leave good reviews about restaurants but this is my first time when I feel I have wasted my money on tasteless overpriced food and extremely unpleasant service. We will NEVER goto this restaurant again and will recommend all my friends never to visit Angus Steak House.

Disliked: Over Priced, tasteless food, small portion, horrible service, waiters force and embrace you for gratuity. Highly not recommended.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mariumshaham
“Very nice food on a very soggy day”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We chose this place as my husband fancied a steak. I think we were very lucky they had a spare table as everywhere was hugely busy due to the jubilee. Anyway between us we ordered beef Rivas, a steak and scampi. Service was very quick, staff pleasant. The food nice though for me the ribs were definitely the best!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Brazierchw
Oslo, Norway
“AVOID THIS PLACE”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We went to this restaurant last Sunday (8th of April) as a couple in our group wanted steak. When we arrived we were told they were full at the moment, but we could reserve a table for later. We were a group of 5 adults, and decided to book a table for an hour later - 8 pm the same evening. At 7:50 we were outside Angus steak house. There were several people waiting in line, but my husband waived to the floor manager to make sure that she knew we had arrived. At 8:05 we were first in line, and when we asked how long the wait would be the floor manager said that we had lost our reservation due to the fact that we had not been there at 8.. She then said they had no available tables and that we had to wait until someone was leaving, but during the 5-10 minutes of discussion they apparantly had tables for 4, 6 and 7 people who were standing in line behind us (without reservation). When we pointed this out to the floor manager she just shrugged her shoulders and said arrogantly that we could go somewhere else, and stop blocking the door for other guests!!

We never got to taste the food, just as well. No guests should be treated this way. I hope her boss reads these reviews on tripadvisor and thinks twice about keeping her.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank reiseelin
“Go for the fish and chips in the menu!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

In a steak house you expect the steak to be the best thing on the menu, not here! The fish and chips ordered by my daughter tasted better than my sirloin steak.