The Walrus Hostel
$310
$185
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$109
galahotels.com
$286
$276
  • Restaurant
All reviewswaterloo stationbig benlondon eyebar downstairs isfree towelsfree breakfastbring earplugsgreat locationlambeth northtop bunkwestminster abbeycommon roombunk bedswalking distancethe ground floorfresh fruitstayed here for one night
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Downstairs is a relaxed funky bar where prices are 15% off with free Wi-Fi . You can bring in food to eat there with your drink as they only sell crisps. The Walrus is a short walk from Westminster Bridge and Waterloo Station. You can hear trains but they didn't bother me. I stayed on the top (4th) floor (no lift) in the top bunk (with easy climb ladder :-) ) of a two bunk room (Wi-Fi in room too). Basic but clean and fresh for a hostel with good clean bathroom facilities. Serve yourself breakfast in bar includes muesli, and wholemeal toast. There are some good places to eat nearby too.

Room Tip: I chose a small female only dorm. Though it was up a lot of stairs I was happy with my choice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jacky1999
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This hostel had such a great vibe to it! Just by looking at the pictures you can see how great it looked. I don't really have any complaints at all about this hostel. The price was good and the location was amazing. It was walking distance from the London Eye, Big Ben, and the tube. And the tube is so easy to navigate! The staff was friendly and I definitely would recommend staying here. Hopefully I'll be able to visit London again, if so you already know where I'll be staying!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank IvylizR
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Not just is the location perfect but the staff are the most amazing and helpful people I've ever met. Beds are comfortable, and rooms are dark even during the day if you re jet lagged and need a nap. No place I've ever been have I had such grade A service. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank TheTJExperience
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Was my first time in Europe when I stayed at this hostel. Staff was courteous and helpful, rooms and beds were clean, and they provided food and discounted drinks at the bar. Bathrooms were ok. Showers barely worked and hot water was a rare occurrence. A few of the toilets were broken too.

The atmosphere at the lounge was fantastic. Had tons of fun with my hostel-mates. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first stop in London and I loved it. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the manager Alex is a gem. I arrived just after 10am and he upgraded my room and let me have it straight away which was fantastic as I had just arrived after a 12hr overnight flight and hadn't had any sleep so I was bombed.
The place was clean and homely and had a good vibe. I was in a 4 bed female dorm on the third floor and was very happy. It is close to Waterloo Station so there are trains going close by the building but my room was on the side away from the train lines so it didn't bother me but I could see that some may find it too noisy but everywhere in the middle of London is noisy.
The location was great, close to Waterloo and Lambeth North tube stations, buses go right by, there's a bike hire station just across the road or you could easily walk to the London Eye, Southbank and Wesminister area.
The price was quite good and included breakfast and wi-fi in your room.
I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to stay in London city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo