“A little gem of a place, in a horrible area!”
Review of The Greedy Cow

The Greedy Cow
Ranked #735 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Description: We Defy Definition - Yes, we do burgers, but we aren’t a burger joint. We do steaks, but we aren’t a steakhouse...Fresh - The word that inspired the creation of the Greedy Cow which continues to inspire our food today...We simply aim to bring you the best fresh produce and cook it in the most innovative and flavoursome ways, to deliver you a meal that will fill your stomach without emptying your wallet!...
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've sat and stared at this converted pub whilst sat at traffic lights, for months. But for the first time one damp and cold Monday evening this week, my partner and I decided to give it a try. Slightly put off by the location, on a busy main road, next to a parade of kebab and Chinese takeaway shops. The unattractive Addison Lee sponsored cigarette boxes attached to the no longer used doors, doesn't look the most appealing.

However, once inside, we were both pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere, clientele and staff were all of a much higher caliber to that of outside in the street. The place was packed, a good sign for a Monday evening. We were given a menu to look at whilst the waiter found us a table. We were quickly sat at a table on the ground floor, with a view of the kitchen and sat under a very warm air conditioning unit, which was a welcome place to be!

I ordered the peri peri chicken burger with chunky chips and onion rings. My other half ordered the saffron chicken with rice. The order was taken courteously and quickly. When it arrived, the portion size looked good, food was well presented and above all, TASTED DELICIOUS!!! We followed the main dish with desserts, tea (loose leaf) and coffees. The bill came in at £47 for us both. We shall definitely be returning and recommend to our friends.

There are newer reviews for The Greedy Cow

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hubby and I are South Africans and were shown this restaurant by our friends who claimed it serves some of the best steaks and burgers in London...

We took this with a pinch of salt cause we had heard it before and been disappointed.

However!!! We were surprised that this grand claim is indeed correct by our reckoning!

We have been 5 or 6 times and never had a bad meal. Prices are good service is nimble and comes with a genuine smile.

Steaks are fantastic, burgers are awesome and full of flavour. The chips/wedges, salads, onion ring sauces are delicious. I am not afraid to try new things each time I go because I am confident the chefs know what they are doing and eveything is of a high quality and freshly made. Dessert ---> chocolate fondant is one of the best I have ever had!

Portion sizes are generous and prices are very reasonable. Decor is fresh and everything is clean (including bathrooms).

To our delight they also serve Savanna Dry cider; my favourite from South Africa!

TIP: The place is not too big, making a reservation is highly recommended as it is always busy and hard to get a 'walk in table'. Sometimes when they are really busy (Saturday nights in particular) the service can be a bit slow (but not inconveniently so). This is completely understandable as they get so busy!

This is a good solid restaurant that serves reliable tasty food for reasonable prices and has good staff/management.

2 minute walk from Mile End station

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Really worth a visit - good selection of burgers as well as milkshakes and desserts. Fun atmosphere and not too pricey and you can get a student discount. Staff were helpful and friendly. Bun free option available on the burgers - which is good as they are huge (in a good way)! I would recommend booking on a Friday or Saturday night as it gets very busy - only a short walk from mile end tube

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Popped in as we were driving past. The food was amazing, we both had burgers which where perfectly cooked. There is a nice intimate feel to the dinning room. The staff where very observant but it didn't feel like they where hovering. Will be back!

1  Thank Tom5717
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Thanks Greedy cow for delivering an excellent, great food and very friendly staff . We will join u next year again.