“Good - but used to be better”
Review of The Greedy Cow

The Greedy Cow
Ranked #888 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Description: We Defy Definition - Yes, we do burgers, but we aren’t a burger joint. We do steaks, but we aren’t a steakhouse...Fresh - The word that inspired the creation of the Greedy Cow which continues to inspire our food today...We simply aim to bring you the best fresh produce and cook it in the most innovative and flavoursome ways, to deliver you a meal that will fill your stomach without emptying your wallet!...
London, United Kingdom
“Good - but used to be better”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been to the Greedy Cow on numerous occasions over the last five or so years. It's got a great selection of burgers (and other options if burgers aren't your thing) - Jamaican, Mexican etc - and you can make your own combinations too. It's still a good restaurant but I think it's not quite as good as it used to be. Perhaps some new menu options would help (which may have happened since I last visited).

Visited February 2012

• Hebrew first
uk
“definitely not the best in London”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

i had high expectations prior to my visit to The Greedy Cow. it isn't exactly located at a central location in London, any motivation to visit the restaurant must be really worth the journey to Mile End.

Unfortunately I felt the food wasn't fantastic or as i would have expected. Despite reviews from my friends about this place serving the "best lamb chops in London", I didn't feel the same way.

For starters, we had the battered onion rings and chicken wings. the onion rings were really oily and the wings were undercooked and rather tasteless. Both dishes were poor.

I ordered the kangaroo meat burger, which turned out really dry and blend. the kangaroo meat patty was overcooked and a little burnt, even though i asked for it to be "medium rare". No cheese was served, hence the burger was really dry. All there was, was a thin slice of tomato and salad leaves, I don't even know how this was a burger.

the "greedy chips" were a letdown too. i expected something more authentic and special from a dish with a name like that. i could have obtained the same from frozen oven chips too.

as a consolation, the cookies &cream milkshake i had was lovely! and the chocolate fondant dessert was amazing!
This might be a call for The Greedy Cow to move away from the burger business to the dessert business maybe?

In fact, i was surprised we were previously not able to get a table reservation on a Friday night. the restaurant didn't seem to crowded on a Saturday night either.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burgers in London”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My partner and I have coming on a weekly basis (sometimes more) to our favourite local establishment since the week it opened and have never been disappointed by the quality and range of the food. All our friends and family visitors have the "Greedy " visit and none have been disappointed. Our reindeer burger and venison last evening were up to the usual standards.

Donal/DErecks

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic burger restaurant with a great choice of meats and ingredients! Book to avoid long waits”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Having visited this restaurant after a long day of travelling it was great to have tasty food, great service with fantastic value for money.

We didn't booked and the restaurant we full when we arrived, so I would advise on booking a table. We waited for about 5-10 minutes in which time we were salivating with the menu choices. The menu comprised of unusual burgers like crocodile, wild bore, kangaroo, or duck which was one of our choices. We also chose to "make our own burger" from a variety of meats, veg and sauces. (ps they also do the "standard" stuff if you are not feeling adventurous.

One starter, two mains and the cheapest bottle of red came to just under £50 with service.

1 Thank Londonfoodcritics
Hawkesbury Upton, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in London”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

How many restaurants in London can you genuinely say do absolutely top-notch food, whilst remaining un-snooty, reasonably priced and have excellent service? Not many! On my most recent visit I had crocodile in a delicious sauce (not sure what!) with some delicately flavoured chilli rice and some elegant slivers of courgette. Inside out chocolate pudding for desert - even Mr Winner would have described this as 'historic'. The cheapest wine on the menu at just £13.50 was a pleasant French Sauvignon Blanc but they also had plenty for the more demanding wine drinker. If I have to find a drawback, it is that the restaurant is situated in a fairly uninspiring part of London - not a huge problem given the quality of the food. Double yum.

• Visited November 2012