“Good food but a little on the expensive side”
Review of The Greedy Cow

The Greedy Cow
Ranked #698 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Description: We Defy Definition - Yes, we do burgers, but we aren’t a burger joint. We do steaks, but we aren’t a steakhouse...Fresh - The word that inspired the creation of the Greedy Cow which continues to inspire our food today...We simply aim to bring you the best fresh produce and cook it in the most innovative and flavoursome ways, to deliver you a meal that will fill your stomach without emptying your wallet!...
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I ate here with my boyfriend en route from Mile End station to the Live Site at Victoria Park during the last weekend of the Olympic Games.

It's perfectly situated if you are heading up to Victoria Park, which doesn't really have a closer station, and is very close to the bus stop which offers travel onto Hackney or Canary Wharf.

We were there relatively early, about 1230, so it wasn't too busy and we got a seat without too much problem. My boyfriend designed his own burger and had a homemade lemonade and I had the mexican burger with a large bottle of sparking water. We shared sides of wedges and steak cut fries.

The food was in all honesty, extrememly good. Very well presented, and you could tell they had used fresh ingredients for the sides of guacamole and salsa. In all honesty, we couldn't fault the food.

The place was clean, the staff friendly, the menu wide and varied (although we didn't see the dessert menu) and all in all a very deserved 4 out of 5.

Why only 4 stars? It's a little on the expensive side, at £8.50 for the burger (more for the bespoke) and about £3.50 for a side, it just edged it out of regular reliable local eatery, into slightly too expensive for a regular visit territory. I would have happily paid a little more for the burger, but had my side included (say £10.50 for the burger including fries) this would have made it feel a lot better value for money.

There are newer reviews for The Greedy Cow

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We booked earlier in the day when walking past. Party of 5, all enjoyed their burgers, staff attentive, ladies bathroom very clean, very good with the small children. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My fella and I popped in here as we were both starving and making our way to Victoria Park. The food wasn't cheap...working out at about £6-8 for a burger (more if you made your own) and you had to order chips/onion rings seperatley. We both had a desert too and a few alcoholic drinks. The total was £50 which a £5 tip as the staff were just fantastic and the food was seriously very very nice! Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

What a fabulous local eatery.

Good simple food, excellent prices, great wine list, and pleasant professional service.

Love the place.

Book a table to be sure of getting in.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've eaten at The Greedy Cow a couple of times now, and the food has always been pretty good. Quality is good, staff pretty attentive. Food has taken a little longer than you might expect as reasonable, but not to the point of it being a big problem for us. I find the pricing a little on the high side - around £30 for two beers, and two burgers with chips just feels a little too much to me. The burgers are around £8.50 each, so to have to add around almost £6 more to serve the two burgers with chips feels a bit mean given that this is not in the centre of town. I'd go back, but only once a year.