All reviews magistrates court autograph collection court room shad thames front desk agent borough market marriott properties literally steps lovely hotel city view boutique hotel public spaces bath mat awesome location spent nights here short walk great bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed there for the US Labor Day Holiday. Hotel is in a fairly residential area and close and easy to walk to the Tower Bridge. Bus stops right on the corner and tubes are also nearby. I'm a New Yorker, so mass transit is essential.

The hotel was nice
Room was small but comfortable.
Staff was accommodating and courteous.
The bar is pretty good.

Room tip: ask for a room that faces the front of the hotel. Otherwise, you may have a view of the AC unit in the back.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank RoadLife007
HashamSoliman, General Manager at The Dixon, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear "RoadLife007",

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us here at The Dixon, Tower Bridge.

Indeed, our location is convenient to some of London's main attractions and the transport system in London is rather efficient, with two tube stations being in our close vicinity in about 10 - 12 minutes walk away from the hotel.

I am pleased that you pointed out that the team has been accommodating as this is certainly the main measure of good hospitality.

We hope that you will have another opportunity to visit London soon when it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great location room was clean. My recommendation is contact the hotel and confirm that the room you ask for is available at a reasonable hour. I arrived to find out that my room wouldn’t be ready unti after 7 pm. Ridiculous

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear TomP333,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us, however, I am sorry to read that your visit did not meet your expectations.

We always aim to accommodate our guests at the earliest reflecting on their preferences, however, I am sorry if your specific room was not available at the time desirable. We apologize for the inconveniences we have caused to you.

I have shared your overall feedback with the team and updated your guest profile in order to ensure that these will be reflecting on any of your future reservations. I have also shared the feedback to our Head Housekeeper for them to understand how it impacted on your overall stay. I am sorry we were unable to take any remedial actions during your stay.

"TomP333", I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to look after you and we shall ensure that you enjoy an "exactly like nothing else" Autograph Collection stay.

Should you have any future dates in mind, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to ensure that you have a seamless return stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

Perfect spot for a business trip, welcoming staff and homely atmosphere. The bar serves really good food and drinks! The location is also pretty convenient as it gives access to a beautiful area of town which is easily walkable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HashamSoliman, General Manager at The Dixon, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear "KaroleCo",

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Our Courtroom Bar indeed serves excellent drinks and food under the original structure of the judge’s bench, with Edwardian oak panelling providing a backdrop for the cocktail bar. We are glad you enjoyed!

We hope that you will soon have another opportunity, on business or leisure, when you can visit us again. It would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

The tower bridge is literally right around the corner from this hotel, within walking distance. it is only minutes away from trains and the subway or tube.The hotel itself was used as a court house in the early 1900's. You will notice the decor includes touches of the past. The rooms were spotless, the food was very good, and We had no complaints. The staff was very attentive, friendly and informative. Denis and Marco made the stay worthwhile with the constant smiles, helpfulness and attentiveness to us while we stayed. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Dear "769jdm",

Thank you for taking time out to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that the team's friendliness stood out during your visit and I will take great delight to share your comments, especially with Marco and Denis.

They are always keen to share stories about our history and I hope you had the opportunity to see the reconditioned prison cells and got to know the stories behind the Courtroom bar's unique features amongst many.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and provide you with another "exactly like nothing else" stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Charming hotel with well-appointed and comfortable rooms. Loved the features like the bar in the old magistrate’s courtroom. Great staff. Great location - just minutes from Tower Bridge and Shad Thames. Would definitely return next time I’m in London.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank greenymj
HashamSoliman, General Manager at The Dixon, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear "greenymj",

I was pleased to read that the team managed to introduce you to a few unique features of the building and tell you more about its great history. We are passionate to share these with our guests and I hope to have the opportunity to introduce you to a few more stories and experiences, such as our daily coffee tasting in our Shakedown Cafe upon your return.