“Tasty meal”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ranked #48 of 1,059 Quick Bites in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Went here for dinner with husband and 13 year old. Staff attentive and friendly.
I ordered the chicken pesto burger. It was huge and very tasty. Stole some of hubbies chips - also nice.
Thought it was a little pricey for a chicken burger but really enjoyed it and would recommend and return again.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Gourmet Burger Kitchen is part of a chain and this branch is conveniently located more or less opposite Earl's Court tube station. It's an ordinary burger place one notch above the big yellow M and BK. Even though you have to order by filling in a paper form that might not always support what you desire, placing the order directly to the waitress works fine too. However, the form system might be a bit chaotic if the place is full. There is also an online app ordering alternative. We had some special dietary requirements that the staff had no problems to meet. There are options that are fully vegan or you can combine meat with, for instance, a vegan bun and vegan mayo. The burgers we had were good and medium rare, exactly as we ordered them (which is not always the case in some other burger places).

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

I left my hotel and was in search of breakfast, being an avid tripadvisor reviewer I decided to go in search of a new eating spot. While walking on Earls Court road I stumbled upon Gourment Burger Kitchen and decided to try it. This eating establishment is 10 seconds walk from Earls Court train station and directly opposite Nandos. As I entered the young lady greeted me and gave me a menu then I was seated. The shop is small and intimate, glass windows at the front over looking the street. The tables are wooden and small, neatly arranged on the wooden floor.

Every table has a number, when I selected what I wanted I then made my way to the cashier and placed my order and paid. There are a variety of gourmet burgers, I had the chick chick boom + eggs and a green peach tea for £13. After placing the order I went back to my table and I was then served.

The place is very clean, toilets underground also spotless I will recommend this place to anyone in the area.

1  Thank ChicaEmery
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I can never turn down a great burger, and this place has them. The burger was very juicy and delicious, without being too greasy. A nice bonus is that they serve great beers here. Conveniently located in Earl's Court next to the tube station. One thing that I would recommend is not getting the skinny fries and just going for normal fries. They were too small, and very hard to eat well enough to enjoy properly!

1  Thank 987joshg
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Menu was a bit all over the place, every burger had multiple different sauces and relishes that made almost all of them sound unpleasant. In the end, went for Courgette fritti to start and then a classic burger with added cheese & fried egg and a buffalo burger. Had to fill in a little tick sheet to hand in at the bar when we ordered, which at first was quirky until we realised that the waitress had missed the added cheese on the classic burger and the courgette starter. None of the burgers came with a side, so at £8-13 plus the £2-5 chips it was very expensive.

The classic burger was very bland. The patty tasted like it had been hot-held and had lost any flavour whatsoever. Buffalo burger was better, though only because it was smothered in baconaise (which also came with the sweet potato fries and was the highlight of the meal). The cloudy lemonade was unpleasant and served with a huge handful of mint leaves, and the beer was warm. Overheard the table next to us complain that they had ordered a well-done burger, and they got one that was definitely more medium/rare... Staff said they weren't sure what to say and that was the end of that. Nobody asked us how our food was during or at the end of our meal, and the dirty plates were still on the table ten minutes after we finished as we left disappointed. The McDonalds just down the road serves better tasting burgers, and at a third of the cost.