“Excellent!”

Ranked #53 of 556 London B&B and Inns
Cognac, France
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I spent a couple of nights at Parklands whilst visiting family nearby. Everything was perfect! Sally and her family are marvellous hosts. The room was large and very welcoming and there was the bonus of a great shower room with a very efficient shower.
Breakfast was fabulous with a great choice and it was good to meet with other guests.
Sally has a wealth of information on both local attractions and those further afield and was certainly up to date with her knowledge.
If you are looking to stay in a boutique hotel with easy access to London then look no further. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The road in which Parklands is situated is very quiet and even though I was in the attic and the win...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank YMNixon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartlepool
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here for 3 weeks March/ April 2014. Although I did not stay at the B & B myself, as I was in St Georges hospital for an operation. The hospital was within a bus ride away for him. My partner said that Sally who owned the B & B could not have been more helpful. Not only where her breakfasts absolutely gorgeous, having numerous foods to have, he also said it was most interesting speaking to other visitors from other countries. The bedroom was decorated to a very high standard and most comfortable. Sally also went out of her way and did our washing for us, which was much appreciated and one less thing for my other half to worry about.
We would definitely recommend staying with Sally and her family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sally C, Owner at Parklands B&B, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind words - it was a pleasure having Tom stay with us and hope you are recovering well. Best wishes, Sally
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Staying 2 nights, we found the quality of the room and property superb and well appointed. The family were very hospitable and were happy to help in any way. Breakfast was fresh and the selection of breads was especially delicious. Parking outside was a bonus with a walk of about 20 minutes to a Tube Station and a busy high street with restaurants and shops.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were here for five wonderful days! Parklands delivers so much! Sally and her sons along with staff are absolutely resourceful and very accommodating. The food, word to the wise DO NOT MISS THEIR BREAKFAST! Sally hands down can throw down! The house is so warm and cozy. The rooms is so beautifully decorated and comfortable. The bathroom, rooms, kitchen, home and the puppies are clean! I highly recommend this location when visiting London. It's felt truly like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I did not think I would get a bed and breakfast facility in Tooting but how wrong was I.!!!! The Parklands b and b is a little gem. Nestled away in a surburan street, it was more than adequate for my brief stay. On arrival I was offered tea and biscuits and the welcome was very hospitable. My room was a twin but without the en suite Use of the communal facilities were excellent.. Bed was comfy but could have done with tea/ coffee making facilities. Breakfast in the morning was a choice of continental or English that was cooked beautifully. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Clean, nicely decorated, friendly atmosphere. Good place to stay to explore South London and beyond. It is situated in a very quiet street away from the noise of the high street and shops, so ideal for relaxing.

Owner was very helpful and cooked a good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bremen
Reviewed May 21, 2013

For 5 nights we called this B&B our "home". Everything was quite perfect: Our room was very clean (everything is newly refurbished) with a modern interior design, but a bit too small for two people - the photos on the website suggest a much bigger room that it actually is. The bed was very comfty and we slept very well, although the walls are pretty thin so can hear your neighbours talking and snoring ;)

The innkeeper, Sally and her son Paul, were very lovely and gave us tons of insider-tips of where to go and what to see, away from all the typical sightseeing places. We also enjoyed a great variety at the breakfast-table with cereals, fruits, orange-juice, cheese & ham, self-made cupcakes, fresh bread and different kind of jams.

We absolutely recommend to stay with this B&B, even if the next tube-station (Tooting Bec) is a 15 minute-walk away which can be annoying when you are staying for a couple of days.

Anyway: We will definitely come back – thanks for everything!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple