“Top Drawer”

Yialousa Greek Taverna
Ranked #4,509 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1,213 restaurant reviews
“Top Drawer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We walked out if our hotel quite hungry and just happened upon this place, top drawer! The best deal in town is the MEZES £30 for 2, I rest my case.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank thefooddood

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Athens, Greece
“they don't know about Greek couisine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

tooooooo expensive, not good services, friendly environment but truly,truly expensive for the quality and the quantity of the food served!!! dont try it

Visited March 2013
Oregon
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I ended up eating here because it was close to my hotel. The avgolemeno soup was ok as were the kebabs. It seemed sort of expensive for what it was. The service ground to a halt each time the manager went out to smoke because the waitresses all stood outside and stood in attendance around him as he held forth. I'd walk a block further and eat at the Brunswick Center.

Visited July 2013
S. Wales
“Not a pleasant experience. Many restaurants in the area are much better than this.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is definitely not a Greek taverna experience I was expecting to have and it felt more like a tourist trap. Which I think it is. We thought we would give it a go as we used to go to this restaurant quite often when it was under the previous management , but then we stopped going there because its standards started to deteriorate.
First impression was, after we were seated right by the front window so everyone can see how busy they were (at that stage we were the only clients!), the specials of the day menu was written in Spanish and translated into English! I found this bizarre to say the least. The service was not good, it felt like rushed and laborious and we were treated like tourists and therefore, an opportunity to make money. Some of the staff were plainly unpleasant. They didn’t smile or say anything, the simply dumped the food on the table and left. Speaking of food, the starters were plain and unimaginative, with no real flavours and just edible. Nothing to write home about and certainly not the kind of food you would expect for the amount they charge. Main course was a bit better and with the exception of the rice which was cooked some time in the past and was re-heated , the rest was pleasant.
They couldn’t wait for us to leave even though there were only three tables with customers, out of at least thirty. When the bill arrived I noticed that it was more than what I was expecting so I questioned it only to be shown at the bottom of the bill a printed script stating that there was service (not) included with the word “not” crossed out! This kind of trickery always amuses me but also makes my mind up to never to set foot to the place again. So, I’m sorry, but the experience was bad and if it wasn’t for the hotels nearby where they can attract one-off clients, this restaurant wouldn’t have survived for long. It wouldn’t be missed mind you.

• Visited June 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I am amazed some people have rated this restaurant as excellent. Then, u see the origin of the comments and u understand.
Any Mediterranean person who will dear to eat in this restaurant will just run away! It is awful. Worst experience ever. We ordered the Meze and it is like the bad comments say... Everything was horrible! Specially the unknown meat that tastes like plastic. It is, honestly, as most of Spanish, Italian, even Greek people described,... Uneatable. We left everything in our plates and we just left. I just feel bad for the waitress. They are really nice but they did not know what to say. The manager... Awful. But what to expect from an awful place like this? Anyway, I wished I had read the comments before. Be smart and just avoid this place!

Visited June 2013