“not special” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yialousa Greek Taverna

Yialousa Greek Taverna
Ranked #5,222 of 22,061 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Exeter, United Kingdom
“not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

had a very average meal here. nothing appalling but nothing i would recommend either. service was adequate but a bit disinterested. wouldnt go back

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gill M

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Unpretentious, no table cloths, bright lighting, but nice food in generous portions.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

This conveniently placed greek cafe is staffed by friendly, attentive people. The food is served in generous portions and is good quality. Presentation is sometimes poor, but if you are looking for a plateful of tasty food at a reasonable price you should not be disapoointed. The meze (£30 for 2) is especially good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohnanChris
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Yammas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant only because it was opposite the hotel we were staying in and we were too tired to go further afield!
We were given a lovely welcome and we got the ball rolling by ordering an even lovelier bottle of Syrah!
We ordered greek sausage, grilled halloumi and broccoli soup. I didn't try the soup but apparently it was good and had a little kick. The sausage and halloumi were fine.
For main we had rabbit stifado, moussaka and lamb kleftikos. The stifado was very flavoursome, as was the lamb which melted in the mouth. I didn't try the moussaka but it was polished off and pronounced tasty! The portions were large and were served with beautifully cooked vegetables.
None of us could manage dessert but we did have coffee which was very good.
We left smiling!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank laura j
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The Worst Greek Restaurant Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I will start with the best part. The waitress was pleasant and efficient. There is nothing else that I could praise. The starters were the best part of the meze. A few Greek dips scooped from a tub with cold bread.
The main course looked appalling; almost cold and with such an unappealing appearance my wife refused to touch it.We left very quickly without finishing - so did several other people. The owner did not ask anyone if they had enjoyed their meal. Not too surprising really.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank JMT43
England
“Pleasant food, good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm rather surprised by the negative reviews here - unless there has been a further change of staff. I ate on a Sunday evening, alone. I was welcomed into the restaurant by two girls who held the door for me, and offered a table in the corner. I found the service attentive; none of the waitresses were Greek, but the kitchen staff are. When I asked for a 5 minute break between courses, I was given it. There were some spiced Greek olives on the table. For a starter I had squid, which came in a tomato sauce and tasted pleasant. For my main course I chose stuffed pepper. This came with a lovely large fresh salad, Greek yoghurt, and tomato sauce. Afterwards I had baklava, which was lovely. The whole meal including half a bottle of house wine was just over £30.

• Visited October 2012