“Over priced and not very friendly staff”

Kerridge's Bar & Grill
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #1,305 of 27,494 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: For his first London restaurant, renowned Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge along with Head Chef Nick Beardshaw has created a menu which harks back to classic dishes and traditional techniques, and plays on Tom's reputation for serving his take on the UK's most celebrated dishes. Expect a culinary experience to rival Tom's Michelin-starred establishments, housed in a stunning space reworked by The Studio, located at Corinthia Hotel London.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I dined there with some friends last Saturday. Was not impressed, very over priced for what you get!! I had the chicken and it was nothing special, tasted vet rich and very salty!!!!! Also on top of that the staff really had a chip on their shoulder. They were not very friendly, were not welcoming at all and as for the sommelier!! What a miserable chap he was!!
If you don’t enjoy your job at least pretend you do!!
I just felt all the staff thought they were to be superior to be serving minions like us!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (603)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Really nice, buzzy room in a beautiful hotel. Leather banquettes, cuts of meat hanging in coolers. Good welcome, attentive waiters, good wine list and knowledgeable sommeliers but... the food! Too rich, too brown. Looked to be a good variety but all sauces were too rich and too similar. Disappointing Fillet of Beef, stringy stuffed quail. Potatoes more like a bowl of caramelised onion. Too stuffed for pud and had left some. Price at £100 per head including wine and service would have been reasonable had the food been better.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This place has everything going for it in terms of location and space. The room is imposing and the tables well spaced out. The menu is verging on the overly complicated with an excessive number of frills accompanying every dish. It could do with some simplification. The wine list is truly impressive and there are a fair number of original wines by the glass. We were seated in a corner and maybe this meant the waiters forgot about us because the service was dreadful. We had to wait an age to make our order and the same applied throughout the evening to collection of dishes, ordering of pudding and my, how long to get our bill! The main course when it arrived was miserably limp and cold and rather lacking in taste. A rump of lamb with, as I say, an inordinate amount of accompaniments which were all flaccid and stone cold. The chips ordered by way of side dish had a bizarre coating such that the taste of the potato itself was excessively masked. To add insult to injury, the pricing on the menu is extortionate- £32 for rump of lamb for one! Plus extra for any vegetable to accompany the dish. The puddings when we finally managed to secure them were good. All in all, not sure this place is really worth it.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

I have been to Tom Kerridge's restaurant in Marlow which was amazing ,.so we thought we would try the bar and grill. We took some friends thinking this would be similar experience, we was wrong . We arrived early so decided to have a drink at the bar , 2 different staff came over asking if we had a reservation when we had already told them when we came in. The best part of the meal is the complimentary fried amuse Bouche you get prior to the starter ,after that it's all down hill. I wish I could say something good about our experience as I have great admiration for Tom kerridge and this falls short of what I expected from such a great chef.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We decided that we would like to visit this restaurant while in London, but unfortunately it did not live up to expectation. The Christmas decorations looked beautiful and there was plenty of space between tables. I had the fowl with black pudding unfortunately the pudding was very dry and appeared over cooked. My son's chicken was red in places and was informed that this is the way it should be served. We had to wait a long time to get our drinks and had to remind the staff of this. Overall the meal was disappointing for the amount that it cost. The presentation of the food was good.

Date of visit: December 2019