“Amazing surprise”

Reserve a Table
Sun, 10/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #3,464 of 28,643 Restaurants in London
Description: James Cochran's, series winner of Great British Menu 2018, new project is 1251, a modern British restaurant in Islington. The menu comprises of small plates, each selected from that seasons produce as well as his influences from Kent, Scotland and the Carribean. They are packed full of punch and not to be missed.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant is cosy and nice, with a short menu but diverse. The waiter who attend us advice on what to order and I have to admit that I literally fell in love with the food. The mackerel and the mussels are unbeatable.
The waiter gave us an amazing service making us to feel at home

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose this restaurant (with its many great reviews) as a place to enjoy the final evening of my parents visit from Canada. I’ve lived in London for 6 years, eaten at hundreds of places, and never left a restaurant feeling as hungry and disappointed as I did today. Apart from a nice Rioja and the amazing fried chicken (which we ended up ordering 3 of by the end of the meal as it was the only thing we loved) the food didn’t quite cut it on the taste. Although the presentation was lovely, the flavours were far from refined and the portion sizes, laughable. The pricing of the plates is extremely pretentious, especially given the casual backdrop of the restaurants decor. The service was friendly but messy with a couple of items we ordered not arriving at our table. This was fine in the end as we decided to leave and go get dessert elsewhere.

1  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were so well looked after by Dan when we recently visited the 12:51. We were lucky enough to have the tasting menu so we got to try nearly everything. My favourites were the Liver pate jammy dodger... so clever, the gnocchi, the goats cheese, the duck. The smoked butter...Devine. I could go on. It was an amazing experience. One which I would definitely recommend. Thanks again Dan & James for a great night.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Four of us went. We had every starter and 2 of the signature - which was wonderful. We also had each item from the garden, sea and land category. We all had plenty to eat and it was all gorgeous. We shall go again!

Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

Very original cooking and good recommendations from the team. Jerk chicken snack is a must-have & the crab kalamansi. It was all great to be fair. Dishes a bit on the small side for the price but would return.

Date of visit: August 2019