“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #49 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

This was my first visit to the hotel and I was very pleased. The rooms are large, comfortable and immaculate with lovely decor and facilities. The staff were very helpfull and friendly. The food and service was excellent and I would definitely book again.
Excellent hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

I'm afraid this is going to be a very boring review as I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel!

Wanted to find a place close to Liverpool street station and as I was (again) late with booking, my favourite hotel was fully booked, so was forced to look elsewhere. That worked in my favour this time, as I absolutely loooove my new find.

Hotel was very easy to walk to from Liverpool street station, which was good as I arrived quite late and just wanted to kick off my shoes and flop down as fast as I could! Reception desk staff was very friendly (on both days of my stay), check-in was hassle-free and I was up in my room in no time. And what a gorgeous room it was... I have stayed in many hotels, including luxury London hotels, but this one was just perfect:

Lovely decor with the most gorgeous soft furnishings (my room was in various shades of blues, aquas, lime-greens etc), bathroom with huge walk-in shower AND a perfect separate bath, complete with Elemis products and even a rubber duck in the colour scheme of the room! ;-) Big perfect bed with lots of gorgous pillows, a huge flatscreen tv with plenty of channels to pick from, plenty of closet space together with everything you could possibly need: iron & ironing board, blow dryer, shoe polish, big robe & slippers etc. Nice desk with some reading material as well. Room was very spacious and incredibly quiet.

I loved the fact that apart from the coffee & tea making facilities they had some extra complementary treats: jelly beans, crisps, still & sparkling water, etc. Very nice touch.

The decor of the rest of the hotel (bar / lounge area and restaurant) is equally gorgeous, with lovely furnishings. Had drinks with a friend there one eve and service was great. At breakfast on my last day I had to wait rather long for my order to be served but they were very apologetic without me even commenting on it and breakfast was cooked to perfection.

Another nice touch was the free wireless internet - didn't even have to ask for an access code as it was handed to me together with my room key card.

Have already booked another stay!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

My partner and I stayed in this hotel when we went to see a show in the West End. He found a good deal on the internet and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor he booked a one night stay. The hotel was about a 5 minute walk from Moorgate tube station. Check in went smoothly and was very quick. However they did ask to swipe his card, which wasn't unusual until he had to put his pin in to freeze £30 in his account to be used to pay for any extras. If we didn't have any extras it would be released on check out. The room was very clean and a decent size, especially the bathroom! There were tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary snacks. The only complaint we had was about an hour after we checked in there was a knock at the door and before we had chance to answer it, someone was letting themselves in. This wouldn't have been a massive problem, apart from we'd just got out of the shower! He was a member of staff wanting to check the room, but this was an hour after the rooms were available to be checked into. The hotel is based in the financial district which is pretty quiet at the weekend, as such there aren't many places open around the hotel but transport links mean that finding something to do/eat isn't very difficult.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

We were upgraded to a suite on arrival so stay got off to a great start. Romm was very nice, modern and immaculate with very tasteful decor. We had food in the bar on the evening which was nice but room service breakfast was awful and we got a full refund after complaining. If we stay again, continental breakfast is the order of the day

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel was difficult to find, even with a Sat Nav because you have to travel down some small alley ways to get to it. The hotel had only been opened a week and it was a nice hotel, however they did not have a pillow menu and I found it difficult to sleep with the super soft pillows. The front desk had a difficult time understanding that I was requesting firmer pillows and heard "foam" pillows. They suggested I stuff my pillow with towels to make it harder. Sounds of late night club goers could be heard inside our room in the middle of the night and making it even harder to sleep. The restaurant service was very slow, but the food was excellent.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Satbir T
Jersey Channel Islands U.K.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

We were visiting the Barbican, and wanted a hotel close by. How lucky we were to find this excellent establishment. A very contemporary small hotel, in the middle of the city of London, yet so quiet and peaceful. The room was very tastefully furnished with everything you could wish for. The hotel has a coffee lounge and modern restaurant. We only had breakfast, but it was excellent and very reasonable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We will cetainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerseylily22
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

I recently went to this hotel as a surprise with my boyfriend, and all i can say is that it is brilliant, i walked into our room and was shocked, it was so perfect. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful, there is nothing i could say bad about this hotel. i thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely consider going back to this hotel :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple