“Fantastic location; so quiet especially at the weekend”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #47 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 31, 2010

It is not often that I write reviews but I must about this hotel as it is extremely good. Don't get me wrong some people might think it a bit boring if you are looking for swimming pools, squash courts etc . If, however, you are looking for a quiet hotel in the centre of the financial district then this is the place for you. The hotel is located in a side street and is very new (opened in Nov 2009) so new in fact the taxi man had not heard of it which is unusual. I stayed during the weekend and the prices drop quite dramatically and is good value for a weekend break. Although a business hotel I was surprised there was no business suite to check my emails but there is wifi which is free. The restaurant and bar are good with extremely good service but my one gripe was that there no real ale available only lager which I hate. It's a British company so why not have real ale? Saying that the breakfast and dinner was first class. The rooms were excellent and you could hear a pin drop after dark which is incredibly unusual in London. One bit of warning though there is nothing and I mean nothing of note open around the hotel at the weekends however you are only a 5 mins walk to the tube. Honestly don't waste your money on expensive hotels use the London Wall; I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Reception girls are very pretty too !

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed March 30, 2010

I stayed here for the first time in January 2010, and have stayed there twice after, in February and March. I really liked the hotel a lot from the first stay.
It seems very new, and it is so nicely decorated. I have had different rooms every stay, and they have all been so nice. The bed is just a dream with lots of pillows.
The bath room is fantastic with both bath tub (which I never use), and a walk in shower. There is water for free, coffee, cookies and a cute little blue bath-duck there as well. The towels are huge and hangs on a heater, the soap and shampoo is very nice also.
You got everything you need there and a big flat screen TV. and a docking to your Ipod.
There is a gym in the cellar, which is quite nice. I go there every morning. The music there is a bit too load, but this time I told the people at the front desk, and they fixed it immediately. If there is one thing that could have been improved, I would have liked to have a bit more light by the bathroom mirror. It is a bit difficult to find enough light to put on the make up.
The first time I stayed there I had breakfast included. It was just fab, but quite expensive compared to the amount I eat. If I traveled with my husband I would continued eating it there, but for me I now eat at a nice Starbucks close to the Collage, together with colleges.
I love this hotel. It is a bit pricy, but I will return as long as I do my studies in London.
Look forward to next stay

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed at the Apex London Wall on Sat 20th March, it is a fantastic hotel with efficient, friendly staff. The rooms have contemporary decor with excellent facilities. we will definitely return to this hotel on our next visit to London.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This hotel was absolutely perfect for a weekend in London. Despite being a couple of miles from the West End, it was only a short cab/tube/bus ride, and the City location means that it is a) lovely and quiet with no street noise, and b) much better value than more central hotels. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite with separate lounge area, 2 enormous flatscreen TVs, big bathroom with freestanding bath and walk-in shower with body jets, and huge outdoor terrace. As the hotel is only a few months old everything was in perfect condition. Breakfast was great - waiter service but you can have anything you want. Nice bar next to the lobby for a few drinks before going out. Service was polite and attentive from all staff encountered. There is a fitness centre which we did not use during our stay. There is no dedicated parking at the hotel, but single yellow lines outside the hotel or plenty of parking in nearby Finsbury Circus (all free at the weekend) mean this is no major problem. All in all i would 100% recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Stayed here one night recently and we will definitely be returning. What a fantastic hotel! Staff were lovely, both at reception and in the restaurant. We had booked a deluxe room but were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite, which was absolutely beautiful, with a separate sitting area, 2 TVs, surround sound, dvd player etc etc. The bathroom was very large with a separate walk-in shower and lovely deep bath.

As it is slightly out of the way, this hotel is very quiet but so close to the tube station it is no problem getting anywhere easily and quickly. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next day which was very good and not too expensive compared with other similar hotels.

All in all, one of the best hotels I have stayed in in London and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This was the second Apex Hotel we’ve stayed in, and we went purely on the basis of how good the other one was. In fact we went just after it opened and were the first people ever to stay in the room we were allocated.

Like the Apex City of London Hotel, the London Wall is hidden away down a quiet side street (so you’re pretty much guaranteed a good night’s sleep), but it’s also within easy walking distance of the nearest Tube station.

The staff were all very friendly and chatty, and check-in was quick and easy. Although check-in time is technically from 2.30pm, there was a room ready and we able to check in before noon.

The room was very well equipped, with lots of little extra touches …such as complimentary jelly beans and bottled water (as well as the usual tea/coffee/biscuits/etc.), bath robes, and so on.

We also got our second rubber duck – a blue one this time! (Each Apex Hotel has a different coloured duck waiting for you in the bathroom).

Breakfast was very tasty too!

All in all we really enjoyed our stay and will almost certainly return to one of the two Apex hotels when we next visit London.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FluffyPuppy
Reviewed March 7, 2010

After seeing a few good reviews I thought I'd gamble on a new hotel. I'm so glad I did, I can see why the recommend/return percentages are so high. This is a beautiful modern hotel, so if you want chintz, stay away!
From the moment our taxi was met at the door to the day we left the staff were attentive and friendly. We stayed for 3 nights over the weekend and had room service breakfasts for 2 of the mornings, each time the food was hot and plentiful. The full English was half the price of similar competitors and the croissants were enormous!
On the Saturday our pre-booked taxi failed to show (not booked through the hotel, so my fault), one of the staff, after trying the local companies for 5 minutes went up to the main road to hail one for us, how many others would do this?
Drink prices were commensurate with London prices so no-one should quibble about that, bit dim of people to expect any different if you ask me, if you don't like the prices don't go to London!
If I can offer one piece of advice, it would be to try booking through the hotel direct as we had a junior suite for the price of the late booking site's double rooms. The bedrooms are to die for and well stocked with free water on arrival and throughout your stay, tea and coffee making facilities and small mugs! not the piddly cups you get at most hotels. The large screen TV's are a nice comparison too as well as an iron and ironing board in the room. The bathroom was well equpped and the large shower was to die for.So if you want class and modern sophistication without breaking the bank, look no further. We have fairly high expectations when we go away and have been disappointed by some hotels in the past. With the Apex London Wall we cannot praise it highly enough. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple