WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #39 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Leicester
“Lovely stay ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on the 21st august and got upgraded to the junior suite lovely surprise. Room was amazing with lovely balcony, sitting room and lovely shower room. With complimentary jelly beans cookies and pringles. Love drinking out prosecco on the balcony. Very polite and helpful staff 5 star and great city views

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian_Tapson, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
So glad you enjoyed your room with the Balcony as well as the complimentary delights. Sipping Prosecco out on the balcony is an amazing experience and thank you for sharing.

We hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I chose this Apex hotel only because it was highly rated in Tripadvisor. My experience again proves the reliability of crowd wisdom. I found the rate I booked through an online agent comparable to Andaz. It just happened Andaz didn't have a single room left in the last few days of my trip. I switched to London Wall in the mid of my journey. I surprisingly found London Wall a better choice in terms of size of its guest room and its modern and comfy interior. They will send you a room upgrade invitation at extra fee. Go for the suite with balcony. Great value for money! You can't be disappointed. The other pros have been well discussed in other reviews: its location, quietness, friendliness of the staff. You should have whatever you ask for in a hotel if a swimming pool and a wide variety of F&B outlets are not needed.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with balcony on the top 2 levels.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian_Tapson, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you so much for deciding on Apex London Wall and we are so happy we met your expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon and are very grateful for your feedback.
Cambrils, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel is very nice and near the Tower of London and its bridge. The staff are nice, as well and we found Spanish people who helped us in a lot of things.
We had a bad experience while my boyfriend and I were having dinner. The presence of little and annoying mmosquitos during all dinner was disgusting. My boyfriend instead of having dinner he was trying to kill them. I don't know if the waiters could hear us clapping our hands like we were dancing "sevillanas". At the moment of paying, we asked for someone responsible and,first came the maitre and she told us that on Monday some people will come to solve the problem. The manager on duty said that the entrance door was all day open and that was a reason that these little animals get into the hotel, jajaja. The las thing that could happen was the fly walking on our desserts. Their reward to us was that we didn't pay for the dinner.
A positive point was the breakfast served and the pastries were home-made, we recommend them.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brian_Tapson, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, it's location to Tower Bridge, our staff and our breakfast.

We are very sorry again for the issue of the insects you experienced during your dinner. We would like to again offer our assurances that we take great pride in our hygiene and cleanliness standards throughout the hotel.

We had our Pest Control company attend site to investigate and had an all clear report following their visit. We did have a particularly hot day in London that day and our Pest Control company advised this could well have been the reason. We do serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in the same location and as you mention, it was only at the one particular meal you seem to have experienced the issue with the insects. We fully appreciate your concern and as a gesture of goodwill, we did not charge you for your meal.

We are truly sorry again and hope that we can still invite you back again one day.

Thank you for your comments about our pastries, we are glad that you enjoyed them.
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Had a single night stay here in August 2014 - we are fairly well travelled (but not snobs!) so we know a good'un when we see it :-)

Check in was smooth and efficient. We received an upgrade to superior room which was fantastic - larger room and some extra goodies waiting for us like sweets and crisps.

We ordered room service for an early dinner which I have to say was excellent. I ordered a risotto and my wife a club sandwich. Our food was delivered within 20 minutes, steaming and delicious. The quality and presentation could not be faulted - I believe they effectively serve the main restaurant menu during the day with a cut down version after 11pm.

Prices were no more or less than expected given that this is a 4 star deluxe hotel in Central London. Our 2 meals and 1 small beer came to about £35 including the £5 service charge.

We had a good night's sleep in a large comfortable bed - air con available but we switched ours off as ambient temperature was just fine.

Breakfast was our highlight. We were served by a young French waiter called Mike who could not have been more helpful and attentive. No buffet breakfasts here - everything cooked fresh to order, which I personally prefer. We asked for a fruit platter and selection of continental meats & cheeses. Followed by eggs benedict and eggs royals. Absolutely top notch food served with plentiful fresh tea, coffee and fruit juice.

We were disappointed that we had to leave! I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone - you will not be disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ImolaJu
Thank you so much for choosing Apex London Wall. We know that you are well travelled and so are that much more grateful for you staying with us and for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your entire experience and were able to try our Room Service and Breakfast. Thank you for your special mention about Mike, who was all smiles yesterday when we informed him about your review.

We believe that if our guests feel sad to leave, then we have done our job at creating lasting memories for them and we do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I stayed in the hotel last June attending a training just around the area. The place is quite a secluded place and about 10 minutes or so walk to Bank underground station. Since the hotel is in the middle of business district and surrounded by offices, it became very quiet after the office hours or during the weekend. No shop nearby open in the evening so you either dining in or bring outside food if you choose not to go out again in the evening.

I was given a corner room with a private balcony with cute colorful tables and chairs. Unfortunately it was raining and windy most of the time so the balcony was always wet. There was no view to talk about since the hotel was surrounded by brick office buildings. But you can watch people at work if you are into it. Most of the time my room curtains will be drawn as I was quite conscious about my surrounding since the wall facing outside are all glass. However, I love to stay in since the room was very comfortable with great amnities, coffee maker, wifi and plenty of toileteries.

I love the ala carte set breakfast menu and a special mention goes to the hot fluffy croissants (it's really to die for!). The staff were very helpful and friendly. My only negative point was the aircondition was very noisy and when I made the complain, the technician informed me that the replacement of the faulty part will only arrive in 3 days time (in which I will be home already) but they offered me to move to another room. Since I was reluctant to pack and unpack again, I declined the offer and live to tell the noisy aircon.

All and all, I love the hotel and will not mind stay here again for business trip.

Room Tip: Corner suite with balcony will be nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us at Apex London Wall. We are so glad you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed spending time in your room.

Apologies again about the noisy air con in your room. We can assure you that this issue has since been rectified but are so sorry for the inconvenience during your stay.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed our Breakfast offering. Our Chef is very passionate about cooking food from fresh ingredients and we believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Just a short walk from Bank underground station ( which was ideal as we travelled via London City Airport and the DLR which terminates at Bank ) this was in an ideal location as we wanted to visit the tower, Greenwich, Borough Market etc. all to the east side of London

Warm welcome at reception and a quick check in with the room being ready for us earlier than other hotels would have been.

Great modern and clean room with a balcony. No great views but any outside space is a bonus.

Seperate shower and bath with good toiletries provided.

Nespresso coffee maker provided in room with a variety of cartridges....excellent

Can't comment on hotel food as we ate out for both breakfast and dinner ( hotel options did not inspire us to eat in).

Only minor niggle was that the hotel could not get a hold of the morning newspaper I requested ( The Scotsman ) but so what!

Overall a great stay and I would recommend it wholeheartedly

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian_Tapson, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
The City is a great destination and especially for exploring the attractions you mention.

We are so happy you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed your room, the amenities and our service standards. We very much look forward to your return one day.

Apologies we were unable to get hold of The Scotsman for you, although we did try through a few of our regular suppliers.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience.
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just returned from a lovely stay at Apex London Wall, the hotel is beautifully decorated and the friendly staff cannot do enough to help. It was our anniversary and they had decorated our bed with roses petals, a lovely card and some chocolates!
We booked a room with a balcony and it really was worth it, we enjoyed drinks on our balcony in the evenings before we headed out and when we got back! The bed was really comfy, there was an evening turn down service with a lovely scented pillow spray left on the pillows should you wish to use it. Rooms were immaculately cleaned, with luxury toiletries in the bathroom with a huge bath and separate shower. Sweets, biscuits and crisps all complementary in the room. I have recommended to all of my friends this being the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room if you can, they are worth it.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy Anniversary again and thanks so much for choosing Apex London Wall for the occasion.

We are so glad you enjoyed the experience, your room with a balcony and all the small touches.

We believe in selling experiences at Apex London Wall, rather than just rooms and we are delighted that you left with special memories. We hope that we can welcome you back again soon.