“Fantastic attention to detail. ”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #53 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed this time for a celebration-to take my mum out for her birthday. I had called ahead and spoken to Asad in advance to arrange a card and chocolates in the room. He not only did this for me but upgraded the room too, my mum was really impressed. He had also told other members of staff about the purpose of the visit so the really sweet girl at breakfast (Sara I think) wished her well too. We were served both mornings by Sara and Jessica (I hope that's right) and they were really attentive and I was impressed that they remembered our order from the day before. The room was spotless as always and I loved the separate tv/lounge area. The hotel itself is great and really nicely decorated, but the kind and friendly staff I encountered really made it shine.

Stayed: January 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed three nights at the Apex, Friday to Monday. When we first arrived, the reception staff were really friendly and nice, sending our bags up to our room immediately, so that they were there before we were. We also asked for an ice bucket while checking in, and that arrived within a few minutes of us getting to the room, which was also impressive. This trend continued throughout the weekend, with polite, friendly and efficient staff all the time, even when we wanted a drink and they were about to close the bar.

The room itself (junior suite, room 715) was excellent, with lots of light and nicely decorated. My only criticism is the small amount of floor space in the bedroom area, although this was made up for by the vast bathroom (and the comparatively cheap price for a suite in a London hotel). One thing we noticed, was that the air con reset to 25 degrees each time we came back into the room, so we had to keep remembering to turn it down or the room got too hot. And the bar was really (really, really) noisy on Friday night, although the seventh floor was wonderfully quiet.

The hotel is in the financial district, which is a ghost town on the weekend. This wasn't a problem for us since we had other places to go, but if you're looking out for bars and restaurants near the hotel, you might be disappointed on Saturday and Sunday nights. However, it's less than five minutes walk to Bank tube station, so getting out and about wasn't a problem at all.

In summary: an excellent hotel, in an excellent location, with excellent staff.

Room Tip: Higher up is better. Anything on the seventh (top) floor should be great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

If I would to highlight the one best place about this hotel it is that it's far enough away from the main city to be very quiet. The front desk was very friendly and they are all wonderful. I wanted a mini-fridge and was not going to use the mini-bar so they just took out all the alcohol that minute so I could use the fridge. The one night they accidentally did restock the fridge front desk I wish I remembered her name came up right away to take it out and was very apologetic. The rooms are very clean and was restocked daily I even had a complaint about the noise because of the cleaning maids making to much noise to early (and it wasn't their fault the door stop just made a lot of noise) and they adjusted so they would clean that room later so we could sleep in.

The only downsides I could say would be the concierge and the hotel restaurant. In the restaurant you have to (well we had to at least) pay up front 30lbs per person for the meal which is not to pricey as it includes appetizer, main, and desert. I personally did not like anything for an appetizer and my girlfriend did not want desert so I asked if we had to order all 3 courses and could we take some off the tab if we ordered just the main or even replace them with sides (which are not included)? She told me that I could order one course but the price would not change and I wasn't going to pay that much for just one course with no sides at a hotel restaurant.

On top of that DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH FOR RESTAURANTS! The concierge there was no help I mean he would call places that I found to make reservations for us, but he was just doing Google searches and came up with the same results I did in my room. I wanted to eat off the beaten path and every night he would say "I do not know look at convent garden".

(As a side note when we went to 3 cities in Italy every place would recommend places that they would go to eat and out of all the places we only had 1 bad place out of 2 weeks there.) It was very frustrating to find a place as we went during the holidays and every placed was packed. So after a full day (12+hrs) of site-seeing I would have to go back and do research on where to eat for the next day which I wish I really did not have to do.

Room Tip: So my tips are: ~ Look at the menu before you sit down you will pay full price. ~ Great place to g...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamin72486
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night on the 25th of January, and the hotel couldn't have been any more perfect!

Before arriving i had informed the hotel that the stay would be for an anniversary, we had booked the City room and Ricardo had told me on the phone that he would be giving us a free upgrade to a superior room, however when we arrived we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite which cost over double what we had paid and was available straight away (we had arrived early)!

The suite was huge containing a separate living space to the bedroom with two large TV's, the bathroom had probably the best shower i have ever used and a humungous bath, the bed was extremely comfy and the hotel also provided Blu-ray DVD's which we made use of for a late night movie, the Junior suites also come with a Nespresso Coffee machine and Bose Speakers for iPods however we were not able to use them as we forgot our iPhone 5 adapter. The curtains in the Junior Suite are a very nice touch as they wrap around the whole room.

The room also came with free Jelly beans, and an Apex Duck for the bath!

We didn't plan on eating at the restaurant there as we had no idea what it was like but upon arrival it looked very stylish and due to the weather and being tired from walking round all day we decided to eat there, we ate at around 9pm and were the only people in the whole restaurant, the hotel also did not seem busy at all, the food and service were very good and great value for money, especially the 2-course menu deal.

We received a £10 voucher for booking direct with Apex which we used in the bar to buy one cocktail but the barman gave us two for the same price which was very kind of him.

The hotel itself is situated a 5 minute walk away from Moorgate tube and is also close to Bank however not sure how far as we never went there, there is also a Starbucks across the road and a McDonalds around the corner, it was very quiet down the streets surrounding the hotel, probably as it was a weekend in a financial district!

A little gesture from the hotel who wrote us a personal card for our anniversary and left a box of chocolates was very nice to arrive to and we felt very welcome and looked after throughout our stay as the staff helped me whenever i asked them for a favor or for advice about the city.

Many Thanks to all at the hotel that helped us and made us feel welcome during our stay, especially Carmen, Ricardo and the barmen!

Would definitely recommend and will be returning some time in the future!

Room Tip: Styaed in Junior Suite 413 and it was a corner room facing the starbucks, couldn't hear a thing...
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very nicely updated hotel. Very quiet. The hotel honored my request to have a twin room facing away from the street. It is in the business district so a bit away from the touristy areas, but only a 5 min walk to the "tube." The area and hotel are dead on the weekends since it's mostly business travelers. Great service and amenities. Would stay again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Apex London Wall for one night in January and we were very impressed. It's a stylish hotel with great bathroom facilities, a good sized and comfortable bed, Elemis products and spotlessly clean throughout! Whilst we don't know how busy the hotel was, it was extremely quiet (inside and out) and located down a side road just round the corner from Moorgate it was perfectly situated for getting the tube to more lively area's.
We would definitely opt to stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 301 which is located at the end of a corridor with a staff access point next to it...
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wonderful hotel, in the heart of the financial district. Everything is close. We were in a junior suite, and it was very spacious. It is very close to the train station. The breakfast is not buffet, but they have a nice menu, and the omelet and yoghurt was delicious. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. The bathroom had both a shower and a bathtub. Beautiful curtains, done with a lot of taste and nice modern touch.

I did not see the gym, but they have one.

The only reason I did not give it a 5 star because of the bathroom, the lights are very dim, cannot put on makeup, no extra mirror, the hair dryer is in a bag outside, and the bathroom is freezing, and the heater inside is suppose to come on automatically in "15 to 20 minutes".

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple