“Absolutely Superb!”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #53 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Apex London Wall 30th Nov / 1st December as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations. We chose this hotel based on previous guests reviews on Tripadvisor. We spent the day shopping in the west end and we had booked a meal for the evening at a restaurant in Covent Garden.

On arrival at the Hotel, the reception staff were very welcoming and as we had advised them on booking that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we were upgraded to a junior suite on the 2nd floor (for which we were very grateful). On entering the suite, it really did have a "WOW" factor, extremely well appointed, spotlessly clean and stylish, on the bed we had rose petals in the shape of a heart, (very romantic) some chocolates and an Anniversary card from reception staff, which we thought was a very nice personal touch. We were made to feel very special.
We had a large bathroom complete with our own rubber duck.The Shower was Amazing!

As the hotel is in the business district Saturday night / Sunday was very quiet no traffic noise whatsoever.

Breakfast on the Sunday morning I have to say has to be of the best breakfasts ever, it was all freshly cooked to order !!

Thank you to all the staff for making our anniversary weekend extra special at the Apex London Wall. Great Hotel, with very attentive staff.
We would certainly recommend and hopefully will return.

Room Tip: Corner Suite room 213 Superb.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,083)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here in November 2013 since I was celebrating my Birthday in Central London. The room was excellent and everything I needed to help me prepare for my big night! They had a bath tub and a shower, a full length mirror and a well lit dressing table; all of which are essential when a girl is getting dressed!

On arrival the receptionist asked us what the occasion was and when we mentioned it was my birthday, they gave me a box of chocolates. Check-in and check-out went smooth and the staff made every effort to ensure we were comfortable.

The location is a bit further out from central london however there are a few tube stations close to this particular hotel. We walked to and from Bank station which was a 5 minute walk and from there it was easy enough to get into central london.

I'd definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My partner chose this hotel based on the reviews already written so I hope our review will help someone else decide to stay there. Check in was friendly and efficient. The room although not a great view as on the first floor was spotless stylish and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was wonderful a lovely big tub and a great powerful shower with very nice toiletries. The room had complimentary goodies but be careful to read the card as the nuts are not complimentary. Breakfast was very tasty the full English was lovely however my partner ordered the pancakes with bacon and was disappointed to only get two small pancakes. Check out was easy and quick. It is a little bit out of the way and if you find the tube an ordeal then maybe this hotel is not for you, however if you don't mind then you are in the main tourist area within 15 minutes. We loved it here and would happily stay here again. By the way we saw the show Spamalot and that's well worth a visit too.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

OK this is my theory, it's not complicated so bear with me. Hotels need to ask their customers what they want. There, that's it.

At Apex London Wall they appear to have done this because it ticks just about every box on my great hotel check list. My wife thinks they must have asked a woman, and here's why:

1. it has free wi-fi
2. it has a sound dock for your ipod
3. it has a walk in shower and a big bath
4. it has a big comfortable bed with good linen
5. it has big shelves, mirrors and lots of Elemis product
6. it has a big flat screen with Sky Sports
7. it is decorated in an acceptable contemporary style
8. it has a coffee machine (and free crisps, biscuits and jellybeans)
9. the team are delightful, especially Lukkas on the desk
10. it has a cocktail bar specialising in rum cocktails
11. you get a duck (frankly it's an odd shade of blue and will scare children)
12. etc., etc.

Other hotels take note - it is also cheaper, quieter and, dare I say, cooler. The City location, just 5 minutes from Bank and Liverpool Street and 2 from Moorgate is ideal for virtually anywhere and brilliant if you want to walk to Brick Lane (curry) , Spitalfields Market (great eateries) Shoreditch (hipsters) or Columbia Road flower market (bagels and coffee on Sunday). We parked in Finsbury Circus - free from 7 on Friday, £2 for Saturday morning and free until Monday 8 AM.

What's not to like?

Room Tip: Upgrade to room with balcony for modest price on the day if you can.
2  Thank Kermit100Frog
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was under the impression the hotel was larger than it actually is. That was a bit troubling to me at first, but very quickly I realized its relatively small size is in fact one its many charms. The reception concierges were very kind, friendly and informative. Regretfully, I can't remember their names, except for Lukasz, in part because, by coincidence, I got most of the assistance from him. Most importantly, however, Lukasz gave me all sorts of tips and advice that made my first visit to London an absolute success. In fact, he responded several of my inquiries by email even before I made my reservations. Everyone there was pleasant. I was looking forward to their splendid breakfast because of the people working in the restaurant. Again, I wish I could remember their names, especially the enthusiastic and friendly Argentinian manager (was it Marcela?). As for the room, it's relatively big, comfortable, stylish and quiet. The bathroom is also nice; yet the bathtub nozzle is strangely and obtrusively located on the side. Everything else was great, though. Got complimentary Pringles, jelly beans, Wi-Fi and, yes, a small rubber ducky (rubber duck forums over the net seem to take this quite seriously). At any rate, I had a great stay. And, given the fact that London can be very expensive, my room (with breakfast included) was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I booked a City room probably a month in advance and I can't say enough good things about the service I received in the run up to check-in let alone during my stay! I booked the room as a weekend treat for me and my boyfriend and upon arrival we were upgraded to a Deluxe room with a balcony (requested when booking) - the room was perfect!!

Spacious room with modern bathroom - big shower and a huge standalone bath tub. Lots of Elemis goodies as well - a right treat! The room had everything you could possibly want - kettle, tea, coffee, cookies, pringles, jelly babies - all complimentary. Plus a Nespresso coffee maker, iPod dock, big telly, nice big mirror, floor to ceiling windows and the most comfy bed known to man! After a long day shopping - it was nice to come back to a refreshed room (more pringles and jelly babies, new towels and extra bubble bath).

The hotel is just a few mins walk from Moorgate and other tube stations. All the staff were friendly and couldn't do more for us. We stayed for 2 nights and we both wish we spent more time in the room and hotel! Didn't try the gym/pool/restaurant but maybe next time!

Fantastic stay - thank you Apex London Wall.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor, room 623, big bathroom - no noise at all.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

With excellent reviews I was tempted by this hotel and was weighing it against another high scoring but lower priced option. And then I saw the free rubber ducky, and I was sold. Did I make the right choice? I am not so sure. For one thing, this place was difficult to find. Even my cabby had to check. When I went out, I asked the front desk for directions. I was shown a map but incredibly they did not give it to me. I should have insisted, because coming back late at night and in the rain (pumpkin hour for London cabs) I found myself completely lost and wandered about for an hour or so.
As for the room, it was certainly done with panache and quality, but it was pretty tiny. I found the bed hard and did not sleep well.
At check in I was offered a breakfast special, but when I asked for it later that night the new shift did not know anything about it, so there was a bit of a fuss. It happened again at breakfast where they had not heard of the special. We got it sorted eventually, but I was beginning to regret my decision to opt for Apex. Really good breakfast, though. Apex is not a bad hotel at all, I just did not find it equal to the level of reviews on TA.
But, hey, at least I have a rubber duck. Thanks Apex.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Pennie H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to London.

We are delighted that our central location in the city provided you a convenient base from which you were able to explore the city and somewhat surprised and would like to apologise on behalf of the taxi company that your cabby was unable to find us. Our positioning between Bank and Moorgate tube stations often finds much favour with both business and leisure guests alike.

We appreciate your comments regarding the quality of our room and breakfast product but were disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on the comfort of our beds. We appreciate that this is a subjective preference and would be happy to ensure that on a future return visit we add an additional comforter to the mattress to ensure a more restful evenings sleep.

We hope that Wally our resident duck is enjoying his stay with you in Geneva and thank you once more for your comments and we look forward in the hope of welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,