“Very nice hotel with so-so service”

Apex London Wall Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 17, 2011

The hotel rooms are really great, large bathtubs and separate shower in a bathroom a big plus!

Though at the check-in when I arrived at 15:00 my room hasn't been ready yet :( and when I asked for an ironing service, I received very rude response that there is an iron in every room and I can do it myself...

My credit card was blocked for 2 weeks with the mini-bar fee, that I haven't used.

But overall review of the hotel is very good, great rooms, bose iphone docks are great and very helpful!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vicehrabia
Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We had a great room, beautifully furnished with lots of light from the huge windowed wall. We didn't have breakfast but our interaction with e staff, when another guest collected our free Sunday morning newspaper was excellent and they went out of their way to replace it the following afternoon. Location was peaceful and quiet for a weekend but not too far to walk to a tube or bus. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank yorkshire_sprite
Reviewed September 12, 2011

my husband and i stayed here over the weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary and it was everything we could have wanted from a hotel. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful, allowing us an early check in and giving us a complimentary upgrade. The room was on the 7th floor and was so quiet we both slept really well. The staff excelled themselves again when we checked out, offering to keep our bags whilst we went around London before our train home. The tube at Moorgate and Bank are about 5 min walks away so you are not far from the action. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kerrymwatson
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I was slated to be at a different hotel for my trip however i found that place unacceptable and moved from a 5 star hotel to this 4 star hotel.
Overall this hotel is just superb for conducting business. The rooms are somewhat kitsch in design but the functionality is awesome. There was a dvd player in my room as well as an iphone dock. There was also a selection of dvd's provided for free as well as the movie channels included in the cable tv.
The room is very nice and quite large but more importantly the bathroom whilst small still manages to have a separate double size shower and a separate bath with both ends tap free. The laundry service was very efficient - if you give it in by 9am you get it by 7pm the same day under standard service - and they dont even need you to do the count.
Overall what I really liked about this hotel is that they had everything to get business done easily and they didnt charge for things such as snacks and internet. This is really very much value for money for me.
I really cannot say anything wrong about this hotel it does exactly what it says on the tin. Its not the place to party right outside on the weekend but the city was never that anyway.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank CurlyHongKong
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The best that can be said of this hotel is that it is clean and convenient. Once you find it down what is really an alley, you won't be rewarded.
Yes, it is passable and nice enough, but it is not a luxury hotel nor is it a good business hotel. The best that can be said about it is that it is walking distance to many businesses in the City and to Broadgate Center.
Room service is incredibly limited. It has gotten better since my last stay there in February, but it is still sub-par.
Most rooms are tiny, which may be typical for London, but there aren't other redeeming qualities.
The hallways are dark. There is 1 restaurant that you have to go by to get in and out of the hotel. A great deal of the staff is bilingual, but English isn't their first language.
They delivered my laundry to the wrong room.
Most of the rooms look into another building, and they are close enough to almost read the computer screens!
I was lucky to be upgraded to a room with a balcony - which gave me enough space to change my mind!
Residents must run a gauntlet past smokers to get into the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ilovemanhattanNyc
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here for a few days with my fiance and we had a great time. My fiance flew into London early so we checked in around 10am to get some sleep. Our room wasn't ready but they managed to put us in another one. They explained it was smaller but we just wanted to crash out. It was small but very comfortable. We later changed to another room which was very spacious.
This is mainly a business hotel, as such it is close to the city, some nice bars and plenty of restaurants. The good thing for a couple is that during the weekend the streets are quieter, so are the restaurants and the rates are cheaper at weekends.
The best thing was the unbelievable service we had. All staff were extremely friendly and accomodating to the adjustments we made to our booking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HKeagle
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Used this hotel for the night of August 31; quick check-in at 6pm, nice bar and restaurant downstairs, service in the bar was okay but not excellent (it wasn't busy). Room was very clean, modern furnishings, well appointed, free wifi etc. I was in a disabled room, although i am not disabled - this was room 326. This has a large wetroom for the toilet/basin/shower area, although i don't know if this is the norm for the hotel. Basically it was all good. Until I got into bed, that is.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and I can honestly say this was the most uncomfortable night's sleep I have ever had. The 'king' bed was two mattresses zipped together - which is not uncommon - but what is uncommon is that a) there was no topper on the mattress, so the bloomin' great zipper was rather uncomfortable through the sheets and b) the mattress has darn great dips and bumps in it, and could do with replacing. I tried sleeping on both sides of the zipper to no avail; not nice.

On checkout the receptionist asked if I had enjoyed my stay and I answered that I had had better night's sleep, because I found the bed uncomfortable. Her suggestion was that I fill out a comment card. Thanks, but no thanks. A reduction in my room rate would have been preferred or even the opportunity to discuss it with management, but this was not forthcoming. Still, she "hoped they would see me again soon". Yeah - I'll take a rain check on that one babe :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business