“Great little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Volo - CLOSED

Al Volo
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: With a characteristic setting inside the Old Truman Brewery in London's East End, Al Volo Italian restaurant offers tasty regional cuisine, complemented by home-made pasta. Although modern in design, the restaurant's atmosphere is homely and welcoming. East End restaurants tend to offer very good value for money and Al Volo is no exception. Whether you choose to eat indoors or on the summer terrace, you can choose from a variety of regional dishes, personally chosen by chef Antonio Tonelli and his team to represent some of the top cuisine from various regions of Italy. Just a short walk from the restaurant, Old Spitalfields Market is a great place to work up an appetite before your meal or take a leisurely stroll afterwards. 4 Tube stations are also within reach of Al Volo, making it easy accessible, so if you are looking for Italian restaurants in London, this contemporary spot makes a great choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner. On Sunday afternoons (from 3pm) you could also join London's original Spritz party to get you in the mood for your meal!
london uk
“Great little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

A party of ten of us went to this restaurant last night. The food was delicious, large portions and great service. Don't hesitate to go if you are in the area!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank merlinLondonUk

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been in this restaurant 2 or 3 times and I have always had a good experience. Last saturday I went with my sister and it was really good. The service was extraordinary, we didn't have to wait at all, the food was really good (real italian food) and we had a really good time there. I completely recommend it, don't hesitate it and go!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CChamorro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant find in a while!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I did not know Al Volo and I am so glad I do know! I went there last week and not only I had the chance to sit in their very cool outside/terrace area, but had the most delicious Italian dish too. The staff was really friendly and the chef even came to our table and spoke to us about the uniqueness of his menu. The decor is different to what you would normally expect from an Italian restaurant with such quality food, but I can only imagine this is due to the fact that they are in Shoreditch.

Great food, good service and best of all decent prices. Definitely a place I will be back soon and recommend to my friends!

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Bad - Not what it used to be”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Took 1h30 to serve our pizzas, and the restaurant was half empty. Food and service used to be good here, now the food is average at best and the service is terrible. It's sad because they have a great spot, especially the outdoor tables in the summer. I used to go to Al Volo a lot.. now they will never see me again

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Pizza in Brick Lane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been living in London for 2 years, but I'm always looking for new restaurants that could remember me pizzas I can eat in Italy. Al Volo is surely one of those!! I've been there about one month ago with some friends: nice service, good atmosphere and above all amazing pizzas (for a reasonable price)!!We received our drinks almost immediately and we didn't wait for our pizzas too much. There I found out they can also deliver your food directly at home. I' m sure I gonna try the service, but for the moment I can really suggest you the restaurant!!

• Visited May 2013