“Traditional Fish & Chips that hit the spot”

George's Portobello Fish Bar
Ranked #9,676 of 23,592 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Reviewed May 25, 2013

No frills, no bells, no whistles.. but good to honest traditional English Fish and Chips the way they should be, and served with a smile. Need I say more?

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I first discovered George's as a young punk in about 1976 ,in those distant days the family would be gathered around a small crackly tv in the evenings as everyone came and went.Now that section has gone to cope with the demand.Georges is a proper ,non poncey ,old fashion family chip pie serving good food at reasonable prices.I can honestly say that I have never had bad food ever from them .Now no longer a resident ,,like many ex habitués I still pop in when in the area as I did yesterday,excellent then ,excellent now.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were reccomended to have lunch at George's fish bar. Let me start by saying: I don't like fish. I prefer meat or sea food. And now, after having said that, let me state this: the fish & chips at George's are great! We took the code, waited a bit and got a large portion of delicious fried white north sea code, with chips (or french fries, for you Americans...). The fish - excellent. The chips - not dripping with oil, crispy and great. We warmly reccomend and definitly go back once in London again.

1  Thank raanan_10
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to satisfy your tum when you are out and about in west London or don't want to make dinner. Staff are friendly and comical. Their food is affordable and satisfying; the ribs are sumptuous and the nugget roll is a classic! There's always the never ending debate about which sauce is better Ketchup or Burger sauce in your nugget roll.

I've enjoyed their grub since I was a teenager.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I've yet to eat at a fish and chip place that satisfies the tastebuds as much-although the prices are hefty indeed!

Nugget rolls, saveloys and Cod&chips are must haves