See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2012

No mice or pests in our room... they had moved out. We booked a twin room, only had a double room.. we had to send somebody to another motel. wish we hadnt prepaid. The front door didnt work, up 4 flights of stairs, lucky we are not old, the toilet had alean, like the rest of the building, the room stinks, the shower is small. Moved to a 'twin" room after 3 nights, the shower fell off the wall, the freezer was frozen over and it also smells. The staff were as helpfull as they could be, but that is as far as it goes. only stay here if there are no park benchs left.
Casa Mombasa Australia

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked this hotel before checking the recommendations on Tripadvisor - but as I couldn't cancel without losing the price of the room, I decided to go anyway.
I however asked for a renovated room (top of the stairs), which I got and the room itself was rather pleasant. To be noted that he staff is very friendly and helpful.

Indeed, the place is old and in desperate need of a refurbishment as far as the corridors are concerned. Spotted old carpet, narrow hall... but the room was of a nice size, with a nice comfortable bed a small kitchen and respectable bathroom. Double bed with a good mattress, which could allow a good night sleep.

Unfortunately the windows are not new, and Warwick Road is a rather busy road which will not allow you to rest. I also have concerns regarding the cleanliness of the room - in apparence it was great, but there was a sticker of an apple on the bathroom wall, some dried toothpaste in the sink, and worse, a nice print of a finger on the reverse of the duvet (not sure what was the print made of, however the duvet seemed to be very clean as were the pillows and the rest of the room).

Not sure what to think about this place which very much appears in slow and steady transformation. I won't book it next time just because I need a good night sleep when I travel for work.

Room Tip: Not sure what to think about this place which very much appears in slow and steady transformation, but if you want a good night sleep, ask for a renovated room at the back of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I believe that some get lucky and get a remodeled room. Unfortunately we were not the lucky honeymooners. And even after many requests to be moved, we were told it wasn’t possible. Even though we stood right in the lobby listening to one couple tell how they came to get their key to the new room they had been moved to (after we had already asked and had been denied). We were intentionally given the shrug off. We stupidly booked 13 nights in this dump online and they knew we were locked in. We were placed downstairs in the dungeon across the street where it smelled like mildew. They changed our bedding one time in the 2 weeks we were there. Oh the bed, the bed was so awful, every spring was felt. That is no exaggeration. And god forbid you want to make toast…it sets off the fire alarm. The room was the size of a closet, the bathroom was a decent size but forget taking a shower in the broken half working shower stall. One good thing I can say is that we received clean towels every day except one. The room wasn’t horribly dirty and there were no bugs that I could see. But this was less than adequate. Waking up and living with a back ache for two weeks while you are site seeing in London is something that isn’t worth the risk in my opinion among all the other unacceptable aspects of this “motel/apartments/dungeon hell hole.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Low end cost, low end room. Served its purpose for 4 27-31yr old men attending Eurogamer expo. Bed was comfortable. Definately looking to spend that bit more next year though. Stay here if all you want is a bed.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Location and price were good but great but everything else was poor. Our room was in desperate need of renovation. Lights didn't work. The cupboard was falling off the wall. The carpet was daggy and needed a good clean. The bed was too big for the room and meant that some doors didn't open properly as it was so cramped. No coolong or ventilation apart from opening the window on a busy street. New towels arrived every day however.

Room Tip: Ask for a rennovated room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple