“Good burgers and good service”

Sophie’s Steakhouse - Covent Garden
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Great steak, giant martini's & guaranteed fun. Open all day, ideal for business lunch, post work cocktail, a perfect pre & post show hotspot, fabulous dinner with friends or big blow out with a party. Our steaks are cut from naturally raised, native breed British beef, much of which we age & butcher in house. Whilst beef is our thing, we have other favourites BBQ ribs, grilled fish, roast chicken, fresh salads & amazing homemade puddings. We are all about the personal touch & great for any occasion.
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Good burgers and good service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Visited with family on Monday night at around 7.30. It was quiet and we easily got a table. This restaurant does not accept bookings and I am told it can be very busy mid week and weekends.

We all had burgers of varying types. The classic beef burger was just the right size and very tasty. The black angus burger was much bigger and those that had that said is was very good.

The service was attentive without being too much.

5 of us visited and the bill came to £117 for 1 course with a bottle of wine, soft drinks and a couple of beers.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chris H

• Greek first
  • Korean first
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Sophie's several times and l've always had a great time there. The food is delicious and the service was good, with friendly staff.

Kelowna, Canada
“Affordable pre-theater dinner in a good location”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It is in a good location in the theater district for an easy pre-theater dinner. You have a choice of 2 or 3 courses and a good choice of items in each category. We decided to share the beef carpaccio off the regular menu first and it was delicious. I had the rump steak which was cooked perfectly. I don't eat starches so didn't have the chips that came with it. I had the house salad instead which was tasty but had too much cabbage for my tastes. All the portions were a good size. My partner had the ribs and he said they were cooked perfectly and tasty. I had the creme brulee for dessert and it was delicious.

The selection of wines is reasonable but the number of reasonably priced ones are limited.

Service was very good.

The downside is that it is extremely noisy so I was quite glad to leave when dinner was over.

• Visited September 2013
“Great theatre menu”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my dad and sister- impressed with the speed we were seated and the theatre menu was lovely and really good value

Great for family/friends and quick eating, but very dark and loud! If you're looking for somewhere more chilled out I wouldn't recommend it

London, United Kingdom
“As advertised its a steakhouse, little more and nothing less”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First impressions as I walked in for dinner was that this is noisy, packed and full of 20 something people with a few quid in their pockets. For a steakhouse the menu is reasonably varied. We started with the Ham Hock and Salmon Rillette Terrine Board, this was a good light starter, quite flavoursome. We both had Rib Eye steaks, cooked perfectly to order and very satisfying if you are a steak lover. There are a good selection of wines on offer and it was nice to see a Muscadet listed in a restaurant like this. The staff are friendly, easygoing and capable of maintaining a conversation without being obtrusive. It is noisy though and not a place to go for a quiet intimate meal. For us it might be best for a long lunch at the weekend.

• Visited October 2013