“The Gallery in Austin Friars”
Review of The Gallery

The Gallery
Ranked #5,859 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a great place to go for a business lunch or for a drink and nibbles after work. It is a large open room, with high ceilings and a nice airy, spacious feel. The décor is nice but functional and there are a variety of seating areas with tables, high tables and stools, booths and a small quieter room in the back. The menu selection is good and is a mix of British, European and Eastern dishes. They often have good specials on and the fish is normally really good. They do offer sandwiches and light bites as well as full meals and also have a good range of wines and beers. I go hear regularly for more informal client lunches and can highly recommend it. The service is always very good and the staff are attentive.

1  Thank rearcardoor

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Firstly, very difficult to find this to review on Tripadvisor due to the number of Gallery's in London!!

Been here for drinks in the past but this was the first time for a bite to eat.

Despite booking, when we arrived, there was no record of the booking. However, the lady we saw said no problem and sat us at an empty table. Was good to see the place very busy, with most of the customers dining.

Ordered drinks which when received were wrong, but quickly rectified. Ordered a chicken burger and chips, my friend ordered fish and chips. Whilst my food was nice and tasty, the portion was rather small, however my friend had an enormous portion of fish and chips. Both meals were very nice.

We used a Tastecard which gave 50% off the food bill and due to this, we thought the cost of the drinks and meals were excellent, despite the inclusion of a 10% service charge, particularly for the City.

1  Thank TrueBlueCFC
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Visited with work colleagues, not too busy early evening mid week, service good all round but food very average. Area is nice and will always attract professionals after work but much choice locally.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were invited down to try the new menu which was fantastic.
Service was very attentive and friendly as well.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

On a visit to the Gallery bar today, I was pleasantly surprised with the service and food. This place offers everything for a a solo or business lunch.. A helpful host, to show you to the table. Waiters that were always attentive and smiling. A management team who welcomed me to their venue. The food was very well presented, tasted even better! I will certainly be taking my team out for evening drinks this Friday.

I look forward to my next visit, I have already booked a table for a client lunch tomorrow. The Gallery will certainly be a place I frequent quite often.

Great price compared to other city venues, quality food and great service.