“Good decor and atmosphere but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gallery

The Gallery
Ranked #4,291 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City of London
London
“Good decor and atmosphere but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We decided to have a quick after work drink in The Gallery before moving onto somewhere else for the evening. It was my first visit. It is a nice bar and the decor is lovely. We drank downstairs and sat at a tall table on bar stools. The waiting staff were ok, not particularly interested, but that's not unusual in the City.

Good selection of cocktails available, long drinks, champagne cocktails etc. We didn't have the cocktails but might as well had... our "normal" drinks were expensive, 1 beer and 1 glass of wine £10.10.

I thought this bar a good location and atmostphere but definitely would have to visit during Happy Hour next time as the regular prices are too pricey for my budget.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MiaG

London, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been here a handful of times after the working day has ended and the service always seems to be quite slow. Drinks are slightly watered down during times when promotions are taking place. Good selection of cocktails. Good music and lovely decor. Love that the security are friendly and not "in your face" at all.

• Visited February 2013
Blackmore, United Kingdom
“Drinks half price and a great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visisted The Gallery for drinks on a night out and it was almost as though my wallet had expanded and the bar bill was amazing considering how many of us were drinking!

• Visited December 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not Good at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I visited this restaurant with work colleagues. The service was friendly, the food very average sort of pub grub, the deep fried camambert ( I should have known better...) was pretty poor, my chicken dry and tasteless in an oily, thin sort of pesto sauce, on an enormous bed of almost cold mash. There are plenty of much, much better venues in the City.
I left at 2200 and was feeling very ill on the train on the way home at 2315, just making it back in time. It may have been co-oincidence, however I suspect the chicken....

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank TheBristolJohns
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Bad service and average food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Has my first experience of The Gallery whilst out to lunch with colleagues last week and I am in no hurry to rush back.

Everything seemed perfect at first, friendly waitress, nice atmosphere and promising menu - unfortunately this all changed when the food started arriving.

Firstly, two of my colleagues starters where delayed - they didn't order anything difficult, just the Salt Beef Hash so not really tonnes of cooking skill required but they still have to wait for nearly 5 minutes after the rest of the table received their starters. Granted, the waitress was apologetic but the excuse was she forgot to tell teh chef?!

Secondly, the actual quality of the food - there was inconsistency across the same dishes, flavours didn't marry well together (such as the Roasted Butternut Squash and Goats Cheese Tart) and a general disappointment across the table.

Thirdly, when our mains arrived there was another missing dish - for some reason the Char-Grilled Marinated Lemon Chicken was forgotton this time. Again, my colleague had to wait for about 5 minnutes before she received her order and everyone had nearly finished their main. No excuse was given this time.

We did have 50% of the total bill deducted but its not really the point, not deliverying food for everyone at the same time and having dishes delayed on both the starter and the main is unexceptable. It may have been forgiven if the food was amazing but it isn't.

Result - if your not in a rush adn not too bother about quality then give it a go - otherwise, lots of choice in the City so pic somewhere else - I certainly shall be!

• Visited November 2011