“Fantastic place to hold an event!”

Rotunda Bar and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rotunda Bar and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,881 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
Description: The Rotunda ethos isn't complicated - great food and a great atmosphere.While our guests go some of the way in ensuring the latter, our canal-side location means we provide the perfect environment in which to relax and enjoy yourself over a hearty meal and a healthy dose of one of our many wines.While here, you'll browse a menu that changes daily and features mouth-watering meat cuts from our own farm in Northumberland.Rotunda - old fashioned about food.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We held our work Summer Party here yesterday evening and it was an absolutely fabulous event. The staff were endlessly helpful and friendly both in the run up to the event and on the actual evening. The area that they reserved for us was great with both indoor and outdoor space and plenty of it. We went for the Street Food Market and the food was delicious!! Very praised by all our guests and everyone had a good fill whilst being able to choose what they had from the different options. It was a great way to feed 68 people in an informal manner. We had our own private bar so no queuing at the busy main bar which all helped to add to the easy flow of the evening. We had lots of fun playing the table football and jenga that Routunda put out for us, another nice touch. I would highly recommend this bar to people looking to hold any event, whether that be a work party or a wedding reception!

1  Thank Elly R

Reviewed August 19, 2013

As others' have said, this is a lovely spot on the canal with outdoor sitting and eating. We arrived on time having reserved a table for 2. Three or four different people asked us for our reservation details telling us to wait whilst they checked to ask someone else where we should sit. That initial experience sort of summed up the next couple of hours' - at least 7 waiters' serving about 30 covers with no sense of co-ordination or who knew who was serving who. The waiters' were all very friendly and smiley but the service was all over the place. Sparkling water brought out not still as requested, a bottle of wine brought to the table but no wine glasses, different waiters asking the same question etc. The food was just about ok although my friend's salad starter came without it's poached egg, and had to be sent back to the kitchen for completion. The restaurant makes a big deal of it's meat being supplied from a farm in Northumberland but nothing on the menu really showcased the meat; we visited on a Sunday lunchtime, so although there were a couple of roast lunches on offer, the rest of the menu was pretty limited. We both had burgers' which were pretty average in small slightly stale rolls, nice chips though. Having had a mediocre meal we decided not to bother with pudding as we were pretty sure it wouldn't be worth the wait or price. It's a shame as the location is good, attractive decor, but despite being very friendly the service was inept and the food nothing special. There are so many fantastic restaurants in London - especially pop ups' and great burger joints that the owners' really need to grip this place or it will fail. I'm not usually overly critical as I much prefer to see the good in a place, but would not return here nor would I recommend it. All goodwill from the setting and friendly service was sapped by poor food and service.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This really is a great place for a drink in the sunshine. I didn't eat here but the drinks are good with a nice selection of beers and cocktails. The bar areas lovely, especially the spacious outside areas with comfy chairs, lots of tables and fun acitivites including swing ball and table football on a nice spot on the canal. In a really convenient location too, just a short walk from Kings Cross station.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Totally knocked out by this restaurant. It has a terrific location for a summer's day or evening being bang on the side of the canal. We had canal boats turning, swans and cygnets - a delight!
The food was also highly enjoyable. I had a delicate goats curd and beetroot starter. Followed by a chickpea and chorizo stew. And toppoed off with a rhubarb dessert. I'll definately be back!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I ordered the most expensive steak on the menu and it was tough and tasteless. One of the worst steaks I have had in London. I then ordered Rhubarb Crumble for desert and asked for it without custard as I cannot eat anything with milk in it. They told me it could not be made without because the deserts are pre-made! Pre-made with custard! They then came back and said they could make it without but when it arrived it was only a Rhubarb Jelly with no crumble and far too sweet. I asked them where the crumble was and they said I could not have it with the crumble because of the custard on it. So they had just scraped it off. Terrible for £6. They should have said this before they brought it out.

On top of that, my friend had part of a paper cake wrapper inside his desert. Oh, and they charged for a medium glass of wine when we ordered small then took 10 minutes for 3 of them to debate it when I questioned the charge. On the positive side, it is in a lovely location with nice views of the waterways. However, the food was terrible and overpriced.

On top of that, my friend had part of a paper cake wrapper inside his desert. Oh, and they charged for a medium glass of wine when we ordered small then took 10 minutes for 3 of them to debate it when I questioned the charge. Nice location but terrible food.

1  Thank ukmagicman
GreenandFortune, General Manager at Rotunda Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear customer,

I firstly would like to apologise for your recent visit at the Rotunda. We do pride ourselves on having our own farm so regarding the comment on your rump steak, it is something that we as a company are working hard to get to the bottom of. We think that it may be a bad rump.

We take great care along with our farmer to do our best by producing beef that no one else can match, but on this occasion we have fallen short on the standard that we have set ourselves.

I can also assure you our desserts are not pre-made but all made on site. Our crumble is made with butter and that is the only reason why it wasn’t possible to have it with the rhubarb. I do agree you should have been warned when your order was taken.

It is hard to comprehend where the wrapping paper came from as we are not using any for our desserts.

I can only apologise for what seemed to be an easy thing to fix when it came to your glass of wine which I can only imagine it didn’t help your dining experience.

I would love to see you back at the Rotunda, to demonstrate we are not only a “nice view venue” but a lot more than that. On your next visit I would also love to show you around our hanging room to give you an idea how proud we are of our steaks.

I hope to see you soon.