“Fantastic food, first class service”

London Steakhouse Co. - Chelsea
Ranked #653 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Park Walk
Transit: Tube: Sloane Square, Earls Court, South Kensington. Bus: On bus routes that go along Kings Road.
Description: The London Steakhouse Co - Chelsea is a traditional steakhouse in the heart of Chelsea, serving a mouth-watering range of classic steak cuts, as well as a wide variety of timeless English dishes. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, the London Steakhouse Co - Chelsea's glamorous interior is always buzzing, as locals, tourists and celebrities enjoy the finest quality steaks, roast meats and fish mainboards in the area. King's Road Steakhouse & Grill have a large, semi-private table, comfortable for up to 10, adjacent to the sunken bar - the perfect area for a tailored dinner party. The mezzanine is available for parties of up to 24. It overlooks the main room and features soft leather banquettes and beautiful hand-made mirrors.
“Fantastic food, first class service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My mum bought a deal for her and I to go the restaurant for my 21st birthday. We arrived a little before 6, so we were the first customers at the time, this is the only reason why I've given atmosphere a lower score. However, we were greeted very nicely by the front of house along with the waiter/barman. We were sat down given menus right away, we ordered our three courses. Needless to say the speed of service was superb, as we were the only customers for a time. The service we received by the two members of staff was 10/10, I only had to take a few sips of my water for the waiter to top it up again. The service we got made it a totally first class dining experience, this was just the cherry on top, as the food was super delicious. Will definitely look to go again in the future.

• Visited August 2012

“Best meal I've ever had.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend visited London for a few nights and had booked a deal on groupon for MPW Steakhouse for £37. On first view of the restaurant we were unsure as it looked quite small and on entering we were sat at a table which was very close to the couples on either side. I'm quite fussy with restaraunts and hate being able to hear every part of other people's conversations, but surprisingly I felt really comfortable as the music was on.
The food was amazing, I was still dreaming about it for days after leaving the restaraunt. It was absolute heaven. I had the rib eye steak with Bernese sauce, buttered baby potatoes and water cress on the side. I couldn't get over how good the steak was. My boyfriend had chips and they were lovely.
The service was good, our drinks were always topped up and the manager seemed to be on top of everything. For desert I had sticky toffee pudding. I don't usually eat a desert unless its completely chocolate but as it was my only choice I had it and I enjoyed it very much. My boyfriend had Eton mess and adored it.
I wouldn't definitely recommend this place to anybody.

yorkshire
“Very dissappointed”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Was so looking forward to this meal that I had been given for my 60th birthday . Travel down to London from Doncaster, Overnight stay . Felt, from the start very rushed in the restaurant . Was very aware we had only so long before we would have to leave our table for the next customers. The head waiter seemed very tense. The starters were ok , My main meal ( steak ) was average was expecting WOW . My husband ordered Fish Pie and to his dismay was full of salmon ( not his favourite fish ) When the waitress came to collect our plates we told her maybe they should have called it salmon pie . Head waiter ask if he would like another pie and would ensure a variety of fish . Not one to eat on his own declined this offer . The dessert was the best part of the meal . When getting the bill !!!! we had a buyagift voucher and still our bill was £60 .. The potatoes and veggies we found out was extra , im sure a three course meal would include veg and pots . 12.5 % was service charge what a joke . I have never felt so uncomfortable in a restaurant . when a customer has not enjoyed a meal I would have thought they would try to amend the situation so you would want to go back !!! So disappointed

1 Thank jacobjoe
London, United Kingdom
“Great food but awful customer service - AVOID!!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the second time I have visited this restaurant. On both occasions the food was awesome, and I send my compliments to the chef. It is such a shame that he is let down by the shambles that is serving his great food. The first time I went her (a year ago) I was rushed throughout my entire meal. As I put the fork to my mouth with my first bite I had a waiter giving me the menu for desert, which I've never had before. Finally when we finsihed our meal after only an hour we were asked to leave our table and finish our drinks by the bar!!! Unbelievable cheek which resulted in me walking out (after paying the bill) vowing never to return. I did this evening but only because there was an issue at the sister restaurant Sidney Street Grill. I had a grouping deal this evening and was told by the other restaurant that my deal would be valid at Kings road restaurant. I informed the staff upon arrival that I had a grouping deal and the gave me their menu. It was not exactly what I pad for (I paid for a 4 course meal and instead got a 3 course meal) but my wife and I were having a good time and by the time we realised we were already through our main meal. Then I got a shock when the bill arrived. I paid for 2 x 4 course meal and the only took off 1 x 3 course meal. When I notified them of the mistake they refused to change the bill explaining that this is the only deal this restaurant has, in spite of me mentioning that i was originally booked with the other restaurant that has the 4 course offer. After me standing my ground and threatening to walk out without paying anything the took modified the bill. I could not care less about the £30 it is more the principal and I hate it when people do not admit they are wrong. What happened to the customer being right. Oh and the business about being rushed - this hasn't changed. Some may call it attentative but I call it in my face. Give me more than a minute before asking what I would like for a starter and then when I finish the main meal don't give me a funny look when I say we want a little break before desert, especially when you have lots of empty tables and we have only been here an hour and fifteen minutes.

Avoid this restaurant. The staff have no clue about customer service. I feel sorry for the chef cooking such delicious food and having these useless, useless people serving it annoying all the clientele.

NE London
“ONLY GOT ONE JUG”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Marco-Pierre White -Kings Road Steakhouse Chelsea.
With such credentials, our expectations were high.
For starters my wife had the chicken liver & foie gras parfait with Madeira jelly whilst I had the finest quality gravadlax with mustard sauce.
Little disappointed with the miniscule portion of gravadlax, but what the heck.
My wife was disappointed with her main of spatchcock poussin with chipolatas as there was no sauce, only a small ramekin containing some tasteless spread.
I ordered the calves liver & dry cured bacon which I requested to be cooked through thoroughly and not burnt.
Unfortunately, it was served slightly pink with a touch of blood which I returned and by the time I had my dinner in front of me, my wife had finished hers.
I do so enjoy eating on my own.
Disappointed that extra was charged for the side dishes, as well as what was served up.
I was unable to partake of the dessert courses, since as a diabetic I avoid sugar and cream and the restaurant seemed neither willing nor able to provide me with anything else, stating that they would stick to the menu.
Perhaps this needs to be bone in mind, should you have any specific dietary requirements.
I’d lost interest by then and didn’t try the cheeses whilst my wife enjoyed her crème brulee.
The offer from Amazon Local was advertised as a four course meal for two with two champagne cocktails where the normal price was £140, but reduced by 42% to £59.
Quite frankly, £59 was far too much for what was offered and it is an understatement to say that we were both disappointed with what we had received.
Had I paid the £140 for what we were given, well you can draw your own conclusions.

Nearly forgot about the title of this review.
When we ordered our food we requested a jug of tap water; nothing wrong with this Thames Water product.
Throughout the meal our glasses were kept topped up with water (don’t believe there was any ice or lemon in the water) and at the end of our dining experience-I wouldn’t call this a meal- I asked why the jug had not been left on our table.
I was told, “we’ve only got one jug”…

• Visited June 2013