“Not awful, but almost...”

London Steakhouse Co.
Ranked #1,113 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Park Walk
Transit: Tube: Sloane Square, Earls Court, South Kensington. Bus: On bus routes that go along Kings Road.
Description: The London Steakhouse Co - Chelsea is a traditional steakhouse in the heart of Chelsea, serving a mouth-watering range of classic steak cuts, as well as a wide variety of timeless English dishes. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, the London Steakhouse Co - Chelsea's glamorous interior is always buzzing, as locals, tourists and celebrities enjoy the finest quality steaks, roast meats and fish mainboards in the area. King's Road Steakhouse & Grill have a large, semi-private table, comfortable for up to 10, adjacent to the sunken bar - the perfect area for a tailored dinner party. The mezzanine is available for parties of up to 24. It overlooks the main room and features soft leather banquettes and beautiful hand-made mirrors.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

When you see Marco Pierre White's name over a restaurant, it immediately encourages positive thoughts and an expectation of great food.

Such a shame then that it appears MPW's name is on everything - in fact, it might as well be hung over a MacDonalds at this rate! This was almost a terrible experience, had it not been for the fact the management tried their best to recover a bad situation.

So what went wrong? Well, the service from the wait staff was non-existant. We waited over half an hour for our orders to be taken. Then an hour for the food to arrive. And when it did, I'd rather wish we had taken our leave earlier and just paid for our drinks. The steak was just so disappointing, being very chewy, over cooked (medium well instead of medium rare) and actually quite tasteless. Chips were greasy and therefore soggy too.

It just isn't what we would expect from a Marco Pierre White named restaurant. Sadly, it just leaves a very poor impression and we can't help but think that this is commercialisation in the very poorest form.

MPWReservationist, Bookings and Reservations at London Steakhouse Co., responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and to write a review.

Apologies that the service was slow, we do endeavour to be reasonable and efficient when taking guests orders, so I can only apologise that on this occasion it was disrupted.

Sorry that the steak and chips were not to your taste, our staff will happily replace any food that customers are unhappy with fresh replacements.

The Reservations Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,248)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I used our groupon voucher on a Sunday evening earlier this month. I booked it earlier in the week, so we had all week of looking forward to this.
The welcome was ok, not great. Sadly it was a cold night, and we were sat on a table right in front of the door, which, in hindsight, perhaps we should have asked to move as there were other tables available. However, you would expect the staff to know which are the better tables, or perhaps give you a choice, given it was not a busy night.
Our steaks came, my husband said his was ok, but as I ate mine, I came across a lot of fat. By the time I realised how bad it was, it was too late, I was put off. They did offer a replacement, but my husband had finished his, and the momentum had gone.
The decor is stunning, and it is a very nicely done up restaurant, but by the time we had wine and sides, it still cost more, than I think it's worth. Would we return again? We wouldn't rush back. I just think its too expensive for not the best steaks.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback and review.

Our apologies that you were not happy with your seats. If tables are available, our staff will happily move guests as requested. Sorry to read that the steak was not to your taste, we always offer fresh replacements if guests are not happy with any element of the meal.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked a table for 2 on a Thursday evening as I had a voucher for 50% off the food I was dubious as I had read a few reviews saying that the service was unfriendly. I arrived and the gentleman on the door was on the phone. I expected him to look up and make some form of gesture to say hello, or possibly mime an apology or hold on. Instead he looked straight through me and ignored my for the few minutes I waited. I was then seated by a very attentive waitress, who was knowledgeable of the menu and very friendly. We had 1 bottle of rose and starters (I had beetroot and goats cheese salad which was nice). We then both had steak, I have fillet and he had sirloin. The fillet was ok, but by no means one of the better steaks I've had. The mains dont come with sides so we ordered chips and veg to share, which was quite sufficient. We had coffees for dessert. The bill was £116 plus tip. Given we had 50% off the food, I thought this was very expensive as the steak was not amazing. I think we paid more for the name above the door and the restaurant being on the Kings road.

1  Thank DCSBLondon

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback after dining with us.

We are very sorry to read that you were not acknowledged at the door, even when on the phone our staff are expected to acknowledge and help customers.

It is however, brilliant to read that our brilliant waitress was much more attentive and we hope she made up for the initial unhelpful start.

We are pleased to read that you both enjoyed your starters. We are sorry that the steak was not the best you have had, but do hope it was still enjoyable.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We bought Groupon vouchers to eat at this restaurant and I was hopeful it would be a very positive experience, given the name of the place and the famous owner. We were served quickly and attentively by staff throughout. We were offered our champagne cocktail (part of the deal) straight away and we enjoyed that and thought it felt like quite a special touch.
I had a rare rib eye steak and my partner had the liver and bacon. His was good. My steak tasted good but was rather stringy and came with just a half tomato and single mushroom. The triple cooked chips were extra at £3.95 but were delicious and the quantity was good - we shared one portion and that was plenty. So far, so good. However, we both opted for Eton Mess for puds and although it looked great, presented in a tall sundae glass, it was virtually all whipped cream with very little fruit or meringue. I love cream but couldn't finish it.
The other thing to mention was that the tables are really crammed together. I had the feeling that all the voucher customers were rammed in together upstairs, but perhaps I'm wrong.
After our visit, we had the chance to buy a discounted meal there again, but decided against going back which speaks volumes.

3  Thank gorgeousgussieLondon

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

It is great to read that you felt the champagne cocktail was a special touch! We are also glad to read that the liver and bacon was tasty and you both enjoyed the chips!

Our Kings Road Restaurant is a more intimate restaurant and we have no set tables for voucher customers.

We do hope you dine with us again, where I would recommend our East India House Restaurant that is also in London, which is larger and more spacious.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was more like a hectic cheap bistro for tourists (but with high prices) where nobody has time for you, you wait ages for your drinks and service, waiting staff don't have much time to notice you. I have written to management about how bad this are here considering the reputation of Marco Pierre White but I got no response (it was over a month ago now). Steaks are actually okay, but the whole rest (service, attention) is a disgrace to the place.

Embarrassing experience that I will definitely not recommend to anyone.

MPWReservationist, Bookings and Reservations at London Steakhouse Co., responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Kamila,

Thank you for your review and bringing this to our attention.

You should receive an email from our Restaurant Manager very shortly regarding your previous email, which we apologise was not attended to sooner.