“Good food and service ”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our first time in The Coriander as meeting up with friends who live nearby. We ordered bottle champagne before ordering and ice cold and perfect start. The food was excellent and waiters so helpful and friendly. Nice ambience and popular restaurant as noticed many diners were known to the waiters so repeat customers.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (323)

Reviewed August 13, 2019

If you're a party of four or less you can sit in the front of the restaurant. If you're five or more you're sat in the back room with a large and very noisy kitchen hatch looming over you with lots of shouting and general noise from the kitchen. On our most recent visit some of the staff were cold and unwelcoming and bordering on rude. This isn't what I have experienced on previous visits. The food is generally good so it's very disappointing when the waiting staff let you down. As a local, I shan't return until I'm sure that this has been fixed.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 9, 2019

Our food arrived piping hot, excellent naan - always the sign of a good kitchen, lamb dhansak, chicken tikka and vegetable side, all good, well spiced and sauced. The wine list was fine and reasonably priced. Service was efficient, a bit off-hand at least at first but not unfriendly. We enjoyed and meal and would happily return.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

I followed TripAdvisor review. It was Truly dissapointing. The Food completely tasteless (yes, Indian food was tasteless; believe it or not) and it was overpriced. The waiter spoke broken English, it was difficult to order. I was told American Express was not accepted, when it was. I paid with it.

Reviewed July 11, 2019

Nice Indian food. Friendly service. I had a nice dinner at this place. Not special, just good. I could go back for more (great choice of dishes).

1  Thank Vanamstel