“Worth the long walk”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I wanted some "traditional English" food rather than the McDonalds or Burger King around the corner from our hotel. We asked for a recommendation at the front desk and were told if we were willing to walk they could show us where to go.
With no name to go on but only directions we managed to find "the Prince Edward."
We were seated immediately but then forgotten for 5-10 min (there only seemed to be one woman serving all the food).
My husband ordered the Badger Beer battered fish and other than a few bones, it was terrific. Far better than another exclusively Fish and chips place we'd tried earlier.
I ordered the steak and ale pie and it was great.
The server was friendly and helpful and we totally enjoyed our experience.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Friendly staff, food good, bar doesn't look like a tourist shop....eg flags everywhere!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I booked the baysment hall for my 60th on June 16 2012 with food for 50 - 60 people. We had no problem with the service and everyone said the food was exelent. Chris the manager seemed well organised and very helpfull. Olga one of the staff help us put up the decorations for the party and was extremly helpfull.
I would have no hesitation in booking this Pub again and a few of my guest were interested in booking it for there events as well.
Thank-you to all the staff at Prince Edward for makeing it a great evening.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Having been a bit of a regular for some time now, I poped in for a drink the other night as myself and my partner somtimes do, only to be ignored by not just a member of staff, but also the new owner / manager who was more interested in telling the staff member how to put a reserved sign on an empty table, after he had left the bar several times & then came back he still did not act knowledge us, after the last time he walked away with not even so much as a hello or good evening, we decided to go elswhere for a drink. Its a shame, but I have to say I will be looking for another local pub to go and enjoy a few drinks from time to time. I also think that the new owner / manager should invest some time for himself to under go some basic customer service training.

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

This place used to be brilliant but the last month or so, it is utter crap! The camp manager walks around like a headless chicken being rude to customers and even his own staff. Food takes ages to come, then ends up being raw. If you try to ask it to change it, be prepared for the abuse! Would never step foot in this place ever again!