“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very friendly waiter, nothing too much bother. Excellent fresh food and great wine. Would definitely go again.

There are newer reviews for Orjowan

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Rather disappointed to not find the atmosphere others had spoken of. The food, although plentiful, was decidedly ordinary compared to other wonderful Lebanese restaurants in which I have eaten.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I lived in the Middle East for 7 years, so Lebanese food was a big highlight of my time there. My partner had never eaten lebanese food and i was determined that he would on our trip to London. Orjowan was just around corner from our hotel and it was a wonderful find.
We chose the meal for 2, the falafal were light and fluffy, the fatoush so fresh and flavoursome, homous so creamy and fresh. This is what came across with everything we ate...so fresh and flavoursome.
The staff were friendly but not obtrusive, it had a lovely atmosphere of being not too big and soft background music.
For a London restaurant it was well priced.
Set just off Earls Court road it is stones throw from Earls court station on the Piccadily line so is easy access from anywhere in Central London; though sadly not from Edinburgh.

1  Thank yorkiegirlAbuDhabi
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Had dinner at Orjowan in early January during trip to London. Had good reviews and was near my hotel so figured I'd give it a shot. Arrived early on a Friday evening so no trouble getting a table even though I was dining alone. Asked waitress for advice on their soups and she strongly recommended the chicken soup. Was excellent; very tasty with small bits of chicken. Hit the spot on a cold night. Also ordered the mint lemonade which was great. For main course I had the Mixed Grill. Probably too much meat for one sitting but I was hungry. Really liked the chicken and lamb. The minced lamb was also good but my least favorite. Came with very tasty rice. Salad was raw onion. A bit strange and since I'm not a fan of raw onion I passed on it. Also came with a side of yogurt and some other sauce. Yogurt was a great accompaniment to the meat. For dessert I couldn't resist and ordered the baklava. Came with three types; very good. By the time I left, restaurant was filling up. Service was leisure and never felt rushed. Would recommend.

walidak, Owner at Orjowan, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hi Sir

thank you foryour kind words and custom.Reviews like yours are what keep our family buisness running.please do come again.
we look forward to seeing you in our restaurant

fatima

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The food was amazing and the service excellent and unobtrusive. Some great Lebanese cuisine and wide selection of mezzes and mains. Pretty good value for money as well.