The Boundary Project
$215
$159
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop baralbion cafecorner roomboundary restaurantaesop toiletriesyoga matshoreditch houserooms are largelovely bathroombrick laneliverpool stationhotel guestsmini barvisit londona wonderful staycomfy beddefinitely stay here again
Reviewed May 23, 2013

of the best Hotels in London for younger travelers (if they can afford the price;)). I highly recommend dining in the hotel restaurant Chateau Boundrary .Try the dinner three course menu for 24,90. Awesome! Nice hotel terrace with Bar and Grill (and breakfast, if the weather allows it) and good a la carte breakfast in the Albion Cafe. Perfect location in Shoreditch and good and friendly service - we will come back! (when the construction on Boundary Street is finished)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dr_kuehl
Michael R, General Manager at The Boundary Project, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Really pleased to read that you enjoyed the restaurant and that you will be returning.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A wonderful concept hotel, beautifully designed with a focus on detail. In the fun area of Shoreditch but just a quick walk into the City, so a great location.

The room was comfy, clean and beautiful. However, when you take a break, it should just be that - you want to feel 100% looked after, and unfortunately we didn't get that.

Front Desk: Seemed to lack proper hospitality training and were a little rough around the edges. The lady on the desk didn't know the area. When asked about breakfast it was a long ramble. We weren't given information on the wonderful restaurants that were on offer.
Cleaning: Done to a very high standard. However we were shocked when on one occasion we asked cleaning for an extra hour - when we planned to leave. She bartered with us down to 20 minutes. In hindsight, a hotel of this standard shouldn't dictate to guests a time frame for cleaning a room.
Security / Front door: Wonderful and polite
Albion Servers: Didn't know what the cakes / treats they had to offer and had to keep running back to the 'cake table' to remind themselves. I expect, when paying a premium for afternoon coffee that the servers know what they have available without making me feel awkward for asking.
Gluten free options: Very minimal, or not made clear. It's a detail only coeliac sufferers notice I expect, however after coming in from a quick trip Northern Ireland where we had several amazing experiences with proactive menus and ingredients offered, the comparison was obvious.

All in all, a pleasant experience, they have the rooms spot on, and I'd hope to come again. I'm sure the small annoyances we had are something management continues to work on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicanac

Thank you for your observations, I am pleased that you will return and hope that you notice an improvement in services especially at the front desk.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at the Boundary again last month, it’s become my preferred hotel on visits to London.
The principal attraction to me are the “corner” rooms on each floor, These are large rooms with big windows on two sides, each is presented in the style of a different 20th century designer and, perhaps unsurprisingly given the Conran ownership, this is beautifully done. This is not design at the expense of function, the rooms are well equipped and to a high standard.
If you are looking for imposing public areas, you’re in the wrong place! Reception is a corridor with a desk in it, the basement bar largely services the hotels Restaurant (which I have never used but which seems to get good reviews).
On the ground floor is The Albion Café which fronts onto the street and includes a food shop and its own bakery. It is popular with the achingly trendy young people of Shoreditch which makes it a fun place to eat. It serves all day from breakfast to evening meals. The food is simple but good quality, well cooked and service is generally efficient and friendly.
Not relevant on a January visit but a real pleasure in the summer months is the “Rooftop” serving drinks and food al fresco. It can get very busy on warm days (and I mean queuing in the street busy) but hotel guests can usually be fitted in. I believe is being refurbished for next summer with more indoor space.
Looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Delighted you are one of our regulars, thank you for the great review.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is horrendous. Rude front of house with apalling attitudes. No hot water coming out bath! Breakfast saw the waiter scratching his dirty long hair then touching my toast with the same hand without washing. Had to ask 3 different waiters for a drink. Really noisy at night time. Like really noisy! I know people have said that's the sacrifice for the location but it isn't! Go and stay at the Hoxton round the corner instead for half the price and you get treated with courtesy by all staff where nothing is too much trouble. And it's super quiet! Amazing hot power showers! And the best are more comfortable.

It goes without saying I won't be staying at The Boundary again. Ever! And I reccomend no one else does either.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Littleprincessgurn
TimBoundary, Manager at The Boundary Project, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We did have a brief problem with the hot water, however it was at no point off for any length of time, but I understand the inconvienence caused. I am sorry that you felt so let down by the service provided and I would encourage you to email myself directly as I would like to know exactly what occured to make you write that our staff have appalling attitudes. I wish to apologise for your experience in Albion also.

Kind Regards
Tim Holloway

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Boundary has a great location in Shoreditch within a very young and trendy area that is fantastic to explore. It’s near the Spitafields market and has the best Indian restaurants in town. Our room was very spacious with great closet divisions for luggage and an incredible big soft bed. The style and design didn’t sacrifice the comfort. I really enjoyed browsing the selection of books and magazines they had.

In the desk draw I found all the gadgets I needed while traveling. The hotel even provided earplugs in case the street was too loud since there are various clubs around, which was not the case for me as I slept like a baby.

In the evening we were sent a delicious dessert, with compliments of the hotel from their cafe (nice touch!).

The mini bar was my favorite as they carry every fancy thing you could think of. It’s just fantastic - they even had milk. The bathroom was very stylish and had the best products for your skin. The room service was very fast. I requested an iron, which was brought up to the room in a flash.

The concierge was very attentive. I arrived in a nasty mood due to our luggage having been lost and she handled me so nicely and in a professional manner. I felt better instantly.

I regret not having enough time to go to the downstairs restaurant. It looked amazing! This place is fantastic. We were very pleased with our stay as it was worth every penny for the great comfort provided while away from home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review, we hope to see again you very soon.