“Good”

Ranked #1,863 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: The Meraz philosophy has not changed since 1974, it remains one of respect for cooking tradition, from which is born a consistency and an aversion to fads that is greatly appreciated by all. A respect for the patron's palate and comfort, innovating and striving to bring the best in service, atmosphere and presentation, and a passion for introducing Handi Cooked Foods to an ever growing audience.Unusual for Brick Lane, Meraz encourages BYOB.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant on 16/3/13 before going on the Jack the Ripper tour.
We went after looking on trip adviser first because when you walk down brick lane nearly all the restaurants have someone outside trying to entice you in with a choice of free drinks or starters its very off putting you can't even look at a menu in peace .the meraz cafe was not like that.
We had a good meal although dishes a little small come in white bowls so ordered another dish ,it's a dry restaurant only soft drinks its bring your own bottle which we didn't know before
Service was very good food quite spicy the only let down was the toilet no hot water and nothing to dry your hands on and the kitchen didn't look that clean but couldn't fault the food
Would I go again yes but would take some sanitizer with me next time and a bottle of wine not the same with 7 up

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had read about this cafe on tripadvisor and so visited on 19 February 2013, it did not disappoint. Tarka Dal and steamed rice excellent, plentiful and inexpensive, thank you. I will be back next time I have meetings in London.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is in my opinion the best Bangladeshi on or near brick lane. I've been going for many years & really love the food. It is a little spice at times, but that's just the way I like it. It's worth going for the specials - I think the nihari (Saturday's special) is amazing.
I've tried a lot of other restaurants nearby, but this is the one I keep coming back to.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is probably the restaurant I go to most in London (probably about once a month), it is perfect.
The food is always good, I've never been served something that I haven't loved, the service is great and prices even better.

1 tip, I would recommend the specials they are out of this world.

2  Thank Sophia F
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I don't often go ti an Indian restaurant But this restaurant is a good one to eat Indian food.

With the meal, i suggest you to ask rice with coconut. It was different and delicious.

Before ordering the food ask the spiciness level. The food I ordered was very spicy but the waitress hasn't told it in advance and there was no hot sign at the menu.

1  Thank Aysem Z