“Nice pizza but not worth the wait”

50 Kalo di Ciro Salvo
Order Online
Ranked #2,345 of 28,204 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Westminster
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

Came with friends and family .. had to wait way too long for a table!
Pizza is tasty but the service is very poor.

No personal touch and no interaction with the customers!
No one came to the table to check on us or ask if we were ok .. if we wanted to order something else..
Might as well order pizza take away next time and save on the inexistent service!

Just saying ..

Reviewed June 14, 2019

DVJ7
I can't comment on food quality since we left before dinning

On arrival the doorman put our name down on the "list" left us outside in the rain and went inside.
So far so good, we understand standards, if you go for a pizza you cant expect a man outside holding an umbrella over your head to protect you from rain!

Same gentlemen told us once your 3rd mate arrives come in and I'll accomodate you. We did what he said, waited outside for our mate to join, once he arrived the situation actually changed and thats what happened, the list went in the hands of the woman with hair braids working as doorman.

Few other groups of Italians and families arrived after us and jumped the queue, we kept waiting outside patiently for almost a 45" or more.

What was our action: we decided to approach the "reception" counter to ask, for the second time.

Staff tried to explain us not in a polite way, that clients's names are put on the list, they leave and when the table becomes available they call them on their phone.

The think was that we witnessed clients arriving after us, giving names at the doorman, and called before us!

We then looked at the list, our name was still on top uncrossed and other names below us crossed and accommodated! confusing situation.

At this stage, staff started to comunicate between them in Italian.

We then decided to leave, a member of staff run outside, called us on the street, with that scrap piece of paper in his hand giving us reasons why we have been waiting so long. ^^

We just wanted to have a nice meal after work, went there in good faith to enjoy their food, pay and go. nothing more!

Am not sure we gonna try to eat there in the future, my friends and me found an alternative restaurant in West End and carried-on with our evening ahead.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

My fiance and I were able to walk in on a Sunday evening and were seated immediately. The tables are a bit close together, but nothing too terrible. The pizza was absolutely the best pizza and very reasonably priced as well. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for authentic Italian pizza in the Trafalgar Square area of London.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2019

I had a salsiccia e friarielli pizza and my friend had a coppa and carciofi pizza both of them very good, I found it a little pricey but worth it .

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

As Italian I enjoyed 50 Kalo's pizza very much! The huge and various choices of pizza and the good teast of it, made me feel like at home! Absolutely on my top list from now on. He has also a delicious list of dessert and choice of tipic Italian liquors.