“Nice!”
Review of 73 Studios

73 Studios
Ranked #383 of 908 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed in one of their apartments for a whole week and enjoyed it. Luckily, I was there during low-season, so it was only around 60 Pounds per night. It's true that it is not very easy to find, as nothing is written outside the building! The people at reception were nice, and we always came back to a clean, fresh room. There is no lift in the building, so be ready to carry your luggage up the stairs! This hotel belongs to a company that owns other aparthotels, listed on the website magicstay.com.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 11, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 28, 2013

we stopped here on our visit to london, very nice apartment with every thing you would need, we booked 4th floor,our own fault as we wanted a nice veiw, but didnt realise no lift, so a lot of stairs, no good if your not very mobile, also the pic of the outside on internet dont match, easy to find though 73 invernes terrace.the lady in reception was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bowler24
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place is appaling we spent 15 mins walking up and down the street trying to find it. It had NO name outside was full of builders rubble and sheets at the windows. The photo on booking.com and trip advisor is NOT the hotel the nice picture is actually a building down the road (seperate hotel) we knocked on door and was eventually let in the place was pokey and dirty we had to walk through a kitchen not wider than an average hallway in a yerrace house to the 'reception' which was in fact a woman sitting at a kitchen table with a lap top. This place was awful and is not a hotel more like a bad b and b. We checked straight out this was not what we booked we went and found a proper hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I made a big mistake of booking this hotel, I say hotel, it really should be closed down, through booking.com. For the first time I did not check this hotel with Trip advisor,I wish I had. At £129 per night I thought it would be of a reasonable standard. When we arrived we had to walk up and down the street a couple of times as we could not believe no:73 was a hotel as there was a pile of builders rubble at the front and an old blue car. Eventually we asked a postman and he confirmed our worst fears. How the owners have the cheek to call this a hotel I don't know. When we eventually gained access, as you have to press an intercom system just to get through the front door, we walked down a narrow hallway through an old what looked like a kitchen into a back room with a woman sitting at a desk with a computer. She asked who we were and could not find us on her bookings. I informed her that under no circumstances would we be staying at this place as we thought it disgusting. If they have not even got pride to make thr front of their building look respectable then in my opinion the rest of the hotel was going to be just as bad. I took some photos as no one would believe this was a hotel. The photo on booking.com is not this hotel but another house further down the street. The hotel also lied to booking.com telling them that I was a no show. Please do not go to this hotel. For £30 more than what we were being charged I booked a 6th floor room with direct views of Westminster bridge and Big Ben at the Park Plaza Westminster there is no comparison.
Please check the photo advertised with booking.com of apart hotel 73 and the actual photo I took on Saturday. This is also the last time I will ever book with Booking.com as this is the second time this year I have been mislead by them.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This complaint is hot off the press! I absolutely urge anyone who is considering booking with Magic Stay to think twice about choosing a hotel where Freddie is the point of contact for customer problems. In short, I had a very relaxing 10 weeks. The hotel is well located, clean and the team ( especially Diana ) are friendly and professional. It was all going very well until I encountered a problem with my booking and it was escalated up the hierarchy to director level where I had the mis fortune of dealing with Freddie. Freddie is clearly an angry man and should not be the face of any business. He lacks finesse, diplomacy and has a very loose understanding of customer relations unless of course you think good customer service involves insulting your staff and pointing fingers in faces. Seriously, you could not make it up! It is all on CCTV. I wonder if it will ever make its way to You Tube! Be warned. Freddie could ruin your stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RoyalHydeParkHotel, Advisor to the Owner at 73 Studios, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

"nice place to stay if you can avoid Freddie...... and avoid paying!"

Freddie, like all our staff, is a decent, honest and straight forward person. The sort of guy who pays his bills up front, in full and on time. He does not take kindly to either he or his staff being taken for a ride. If you stay at any hotel you expect to pay for it. After 10days of being patient, there was no sign of full payment. Enough was enough.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The customer service was absolutely appaulling. After being directed to a sister hotel for check in by Apart hotel 73 prior to my visit ,the sister hotel had no recollection of my booking so contacted Apart Hotel 73 to then tell me I had no reservation at all. Regardless of my confirmation email etc from booking.com. Further investigation then lead to them telling me that I was booked with another hotel 15 mins in the other direction. All of this with luggage in tow! I arrived here to go through the very same and eventually be told that I did have a booking with Apart hotel 73 and all along their reception was open! When contacting the hotel they refused to accept that they had given me incorrect infoirmation not only once but 3 times! No aknowledgement of the stress and onconvenience they caused! Absolutely shocking customer service!
Having said that the rooms were clean and of a reasonable standard. Just a shame they cannot have the staff trained to provide a service to match!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple