“Very disappointing for the price”

Galvin Demoiselle at The Conservatory
Ranked #4,005 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Enjoy a commanding view of London in a mezzanine conservatory setting that borders our Georgian Restaurant. Relaxed yet elegant, the Harrods Terrace offers a modern take on a classic lunch menu, from salads and light lunches through to more substantial dishes from the Harrods Terrace's fire grill. The perfect foil for an afternoon of retail therapy, choose from small plates to share or try a new version of a classic, such as the Wagyu beef burger, all prepared with finesse by Harrods' world-class kitchens
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The menu lacked imagination for the time of year. Visited 4 weeks previously and enjoyed a leisurely lunch between shopping. Last Sunday, staff hovered snatching away plates before I had finished, spilling contents in their haste onto my belongings. Clearly the Xmas rush had begun. The food was average most disappointing from this former great store. Clearly more staff about than customers anxious to clear the table for the next diners. Forgetting to allow those dining to enjoy lunch.

1  Thank Jane L
There are newer reviews for Galvin Demoiselle at The Conservatory

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I ate in the Terrace Bar when visiting Harrods. My husband had a full English breakfast and I had Eggs Benedict, we thoroughly enjoyed the food....and believe me, my husband knows his food!
The service was faultless. Be aware the service charge is added to the bill.
We would definitely visit again!

1  Thank AmandaL1970
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had a wonderful buffet lunch at the terrace, with outdoor verandah and massive selection. The seafood was particularly good. All for only 34.14 pounds and as much as you like for a 3/4 course meal. Service is excellent although when you first arrive it is hard to get the concierge to get you seated. They need to keep two staff seating the guests, as often times you had to go and find a staff member to come and sit you at a table. Other than that it was great. Good food, good table service...just tricky even if you have a booking to get a person to collect you and take you to your seat.

1  Thank Sylvie C
Reviewed September 7, 2013

An enjoyable lunch while shopping at Harrods is always a nice way to spend the day, very clean, nice food and good service.

Harrods has had a change since last there, sad to say may be for the worst, didn't see to have the same easy to walk around lay out? The TV and audio section cut back and just didn't feel the same.

Other than that, is a nice place to spend hard earned money.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

After a visit to Harrods we decided to take a look at the menu's in a couple of the restaurants , we ended up in the Terrace Restaurant for a late lunch early dinner , We were so glad we did
some folks may find it a little expensive but I had a couple of really poor meals in London so this was a treat . The service was so amazing it is a lovely setting with really comfy chairs . My hubby and I both had the Fish & Chips .....and tea , and coffee and a cocktail .
We were treated very special and the waiters (yes we had 2) couldn't do enough and they were also friendly . Being from the states this made the experience very special , as they say
"you do get what you pay for " We loved Harrods .

1  Thank MassZiggy
Debbie_Ratcliffe, Guest Relations Manager at Galvin Demoiselle at The Conservatory, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I am pleased that our waiting staff made your visit to the Harrods Terrace memorable. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope that you visit us again soon.