Presidential Apartments Kensington
$251
$211
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$173
Rosewood London(London)
$554
$409
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$154
$139
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
$227
Agoda.com
$274
$220
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Room Service
$400
$371
  • Restaurant
All reviewswashing machineearls court stationexecutive studiothese apartmentssimply foodearl courtone bedroom apartmentserviced dailyyogurtserviced apartmentyouth hostelmain bedroomfull kitchenliving areatwo singlesclose to shopsquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Upon check in, we were greeted by a porter who assisted with taking our many bags to our room(room 204). Presidential requires payment at check in---I have never heard of this policy, but ok. The room was nice--lots of natural light and clean. Full kitchen was fantastic, everything worked. The washing machine and the dryer is all one machine. The dryer setting did not work so we had to lay our clothes out to dry. The bathroom was spacious. Be careful--the tub is very deep and can be difficult to get out of. Would have liked a little more vanity space but not a problem. Presidential provided electrical converters which was very nice. We brought our own to convert our US electrics but we decided just to use theirs. THE MATRESSES ARE HORRIBLE!! This goes for the bed and the sleeper sofa!! Horrible. THANK GOD these things concern me and I decided to pack an air mattress. I put it on top of their mattress and I slept good after trying their mattress out the first night and not being able to stand up straight the next day. Another consistent problem was that there were three of us in the room but we only were given two sets of towels. Every single day for 10 days, we had to ask for another set of towels! I hoped they would have caught on but they didn't--oh well. The staff was helpful in letting me come behind the desk and print boarding passes as they do not have a business center. Overall a good stay, that I was nervous about initially because of the inconsistent TA reviews. Note please that my rating would not have been the same if I was forced to lay on Presidential's mattresses. My experience was positive overall but I can't guarantee others will have the good experience that I did.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BogueBorn1
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed for a month & I used the roll out bed .This was a converted couch style bed not a fold up bed on rollers.It was just ok , a bit lumpy & well used .Being low to the floor i suggest no one use this who has any mobility problems or existing bad back . Also our bathroom appeared the smaller of what is available.A very tight fit around the toilet & a small basin .I suggest if booking to check out the floor plan & ask about the bathroom layout as the photos on this site show more conventional layouts.As the floors are wood & the structure wood we had noisy/heavy neighbors,upstairs at 2am ,creating much creaking noises ! They seem to have plumbing issues as we had a flooding shower floor & our booked room was not available when we arrived due to a water issue.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I do not like to write negative reviews but this place was a letdown. We are still here though I will find the nearest Starwood property tomorrow. It is quite hot here in London this week and our room in the base,emt A06 to be exact, does not have a working AC. I complained two days in a row and was told maintenance would come. Well, they didn't again today. My young kids and I have not slept well due to the heat. I asked that they fix the AC or move our room. Because it is Sunday, they offered to move us at the cost of 100 pounds. I didn't want to pack up and move hotels so I agreed. No sooner had I gotten moved and they told me it was 100 pounds more per night. That is an offensive practice. I said no way and fix the AC. So they said they did, there was cool air coming out and so I moved us and unpacked again. Here we are late at night hot again! My little one has a cold rag on his head sleeping. So much for our London vacation. I don't care what else they got right -- I need a good night's sleep and that has not happened. The man at the desk has been completely unprofessional. I have asked Andrea the manager to call me. like another reviewer said, it is about what a hotel doesn't get right and charging me to change rooms when they admit the AC isn't working is poor form. I am hopeful this helped you. And I didn't even mention that the king beds are uncomfortable and the rooms stink!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julia W
Presidential_Kens, Manager at Presidential Apartments Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your apartments. We are very sorry to read that we have not been able to fix the Air-conditioning in your apartments even though you have been passing this to the reception. Please accept our sincere apologies about the issue.

We hope to see you on another occasion, please contact me directly I will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Elisa Ferrari
Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked two rooms at Presidential Apartments for our family of 5. For us, one of the key features of staying in an apartment is the in-room laundry facility. When we first checked in, the washing machine in one of the rooms was not working. I reported it immediately to reception and was told that as it was a Sunday, no one could fix it for me.Then came Monday, and the machine's still not fixed. The receptionist I spoke to simply said that there are many machines not working; ours was not the only one. She did offer to do our laundry for us, but could not guarantee that our clothes would be dry (a perplexing offer, I thought). She also suggested that we use the washing machine in one of the unoccupied rooms. The washing machine is not automatic; you have to set it to wash, wait, set it to spin dry, wait and then set it to tumble dry and then wait again, so the prospect of having to go to and from our room to babysit the washing was just ridiculous. In the end, we took neither of the two offers. Three days later, the washing machine was still not fixed.
We checked out, but as we were returning to the hotel after a few days, we asked them if they could keep our luggage. They said they will charge 10 pounds per bag per day, as space was limited. In all my years of travelling, never have I heard of such a policy. I would understand if there was no space, or if there was no such facility, but for a hotel to have space and to charge returning guests for using the space seems like the hotel is making a quick buck. I had to negotiate for them to waive it, which they did in the end.
Here's the best bit: when we returned after our trip, the washing machine in our new room was not working either. And the same recommendations were given, which implies that it was a common occurence.
Then there were minor things: newspapers that were promised but never delivered, stained upholstery, a slippery bathtub and faulty toilet ventilators. Perhaps I was unlucky to get a room that had a faulty machine in it, but to get it twice (having complained about it the first time around) just confirms that the hotel is poorly run. Often, it's not when things go right that define how good a hotel is, it's what they do when things don't.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Seasinger
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mom, my boyfriend and I stayed here for four days before starting a tour around the UK and Ireland.

We stayed in Room 4, right off the lobby and closest to the street exit. We were on the ground level. While the area itself is pretty heavily trafficked, that street in particular not so much and we never heard a lot of noise from the street while trying to sleep or relax.

It was a nice size, comparable to the size of our apartment back home in the states. The bedroom was spacious with a large flat screen tv, a comfortable queen size bed, and two bedside tables with lamps. It also had a wardrobe, dressers and vanity.

The bathroom was a good size with all the amenities (they were under the sink, so be sure to check there).

The living room area had a kitchenette with a good size fridge, dishes and utensils, a coffee/tea maker, washer/dryer, a stove and basically everything you need (even dish soap! however, no detergent for laundry). There was also a large tv in the living room as well as a table and couch, and a view of the street.

My mom slept on the couch bed and she said it was a little uncomfortable, but not so bad she couldn't sleep on it. Just not as nice and comfy as a bed and low to the ground, so hard to get up from. I also noticed (and this could be because it was a pullout bed) that when you sat on the couch, the cushions tended to slide over time.

My only complaint would be that the dryer would not dry my clothes after repeatedly trying to dry them for over twelve hours. We were checking out the next day so I eventually had to succumb to sticking them in a bag and hanging them out to dry at the next hotel. :\

Otherwise, I loved this place and while it is not as central as some of the other hotels in the city, it is certainly more comfortable and the Earl's Court station is at the end of the block. There are also numerous pubs, cafes, a pharmacy, grocery stores, coffee shops, etc which you can walk to in under ten minutes. There are not a lot of touristy shops here but then again, this is a more residential area and less a touristy one.

Try the Blackbird Pub at the end of the street, it's about a two minute walk from the apartments (and that's at a slow pace). You won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family