“Would recommend to anyone”

Presidential Apartments Kensington
Ranked #65 of 908 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights in May 2012 and were very happy with it... Very close to earls Court station.... Plenty of places to eat close by ....pubs within walking distance & all do a full english breakfast for a decent price..... ask for a room towards the middle or back they would be quieter..

Room Tip: Dont ask for a front room....can be noisy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank brizzycaz

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Overview:
Location is very good, 5 min walking from underground station. Few bars in the area. Was a bit hard to find on the street.

Check in experience:

2 person visible from the staff at the reception , 4 guests waiting in the queue
No welcoming sentence provided, such as..." Welcome to ...."
No apology for keeping me waiting.
Check in handled in less than 5 min.
Eye contact with the guests.
Information about the area provided.
Polite and friendly staff.
Complementary newspaper offered.
Free Internet.
Wake up call offered.
Breakfast offered.
Room service available 24/7

Apartment :
Located at the 2nd floor with very nice view of the street.
Welcoming letter provided.
Stationary provided.
TV guide provided.
1 bedroom
Living room with the kitchen.
Big enough for 2 people.
Complementary Instant coffee and tea provided.
Magazines in the room.
No hair present in the sinks or in the bath.
No dust present on the window frame, floor or furniture.
Working airco.
No security bath mat
No bath rob.
Wake up call received on time.
Breakfast was a bit late than I have ordered.
Phone picked up by the reception after 2 rings.

Check out experience:
Eye contact.
Handled in less than 3 min.
Friendly conversation about the stay.
Bags storage offered.
Sentence ... Looking forward to see you next time... - Provided

Summary:
This place has totally surprised me. I was expecting some dumb hole with nasty service. Terns out there is a friendly staff, who cares about you. Apartment was big enough for 2 people, very clean.
I was very happy to stay there and I'm looking forward for the next time with presidential apartments. Let's just hope that they won't disappoint me in the future.

Only one cone: DO NOT order a breakfast there, basically we paid 7 pounds for the person and got: 1 apple, 1 banana, some jam and butter, lots of bred, yogurt and juice of a very questionable quality. I didn't want to complain, because rest of the stay was really great, but I won't be ordering breakfast there for the next time.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1 bedroom apartment (207), was great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TripMember091120165
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We spent 5 days in PResidential Kensington which is really close to the Earl's Court underground station. The staff is cheerful and making their best to help. The rooms are really small. I was shocked when I saw the bathrooms because it was the smallest one I have ever seen. Our children loved the breakfast tray which is brought to our room every morning. The breakfast included TRopicana orenge juice, milk, couruvasan, cookies, cornflakes, and fresh fruits. The rooms are really small but cleaned everyday. They even wash your dirty plates,cups etc. the kitchen is fully equipped and too big for that size of a room. The room is separated into two and 2tvs. But do not imagine that you will have a big space. It has a very limited space. The neigbourhood is quite good. There is M&S SImply Food in 3 minutes walk, which is really useful to buy foods, salads or fresh fruits..etc.

Room Tip: Do not ask for patio it is underground
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for a one night (12th Sept) before leaving for New York and returned to stay for two more nights (18th Sept). We left a piece of luggage and was told 5 pounds would be charged, yet there was no written rate for luggage storage and no slip given as a confirmation. When we checked out we were charged double the amount and for a charge of postage which we never used.

The mistakes were made by the hotel management. When we asked why they had no published rates for charges, the answer was simply nothing of that is available. In addition, there was a girl dressed like going to a party, she was not in the usual hotel uniform and there was no name tag. She did not greet us and speak to us in a very impertinently manner as if we could not understand English. There was also a handy man sitting next to her. The hotel reception counter simply did not look professional at all.

When we asked to speak with the manager. Andrea Daniel came and did not clearly admit if that girl was a proper employee of the hotel group. Andrea agreed to amend the mistakes in the charges but did not offer an apology for the rude and impolite behaviour of "her staff". There was also no explanation of why luggage storage rate was never published.

That particular girl did look alike to Andrea. We could not help but think a relative or close friend was asked to work in the property casually. In most days, the receptionist we met wore a proper uniform and there was a name tag.

One last thing was Andrea gave us her name card and asked to write a complaint letter for she said she did not care.

This was a big disappointing experience for us staying in a good facilitated apartment.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor as we have heard a lot of complaints about noise from residents staying on oth...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TW182
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of Sept on a business trip. I took a studio for around 140 GBP a night (w/o breakfast) which was better value than the other options nearby. I chose this style of acc. over a hotel because I was going to spend a lot of time working from the room and here I would have space and amenities such as fridge, microwave etc.

I actually stayed in 2 different apartments during my stay (reason below) and I can say both were very stylishly decorated, looked relatively newly decorated, everything in working order and very clean. They aren't very big by European standards, but coming from Hong Kong they are bigger than average here.

I only had one issue during my stay and this was the darkness of my first room. It was located 2 floors below ground level. Whilst the room had patio doors, they faced a very high wall which extended up to the ground level and therefore let in practically no natural light.
As I'd arrived on long haul, was jet lagged and was going to be working during the day this was not ideal, so I requested a room change to which the reception staff were understanding. The next day they moved me up one floor to the basement level to a room with a large window next to the lift. At first I was worried about lift noise (old building = thin walls) but there was practically none.

The beds are two singles attached together but still very comfortable and I slept very well not noticing the join.

The location is great, the hotel is really close to the Tube and Earls Court Road with all its amenities. M&S food store at the end of the street. Lots of pubs restaurants etc also nearby. If you want somewhere cool and quirky to eat/drink try the nearby Speakeasy, Evans and Peel - Booking is compulsory, its a very underground trendy restaurant/bar.

I would stay here again and recommend it to friends/family.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement's basement rooms if you like natural light - they are very dark.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Presk, Guest Relations Manager at Presidential Apartments Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay and would like to see again perhaps in the nearest future.
We are sure that many travelers will find your notes very helpful.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This appartements are very nice in silent street but with all around you find supermarket, bus stop, underground station (Earl's Court 2 minutes by foot) and how many restaurant, pub and fast food.
The studio is clearing and confortable with all necessary also for cooking here. Our studio was very new
The brekfast is taking in room every day and 2 times is arriving very late about the time expected giving us some discomfort.
It's important know that the clearing room start from the hour you arrive.
From Heathrow Airport there 's undeground directly (line blue Piccadilly).
The price is not cheapest but for standard London is normally.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed in one of the standard patio apartments. It was located in the basement (stairs only), but since one of the staff offered to carry my bag I did not mind. Moreover, since it had a small pation there was more than enough natural light. The room was very well furnished, having a kitchen (not just a microwave) is really handy. It came equiped with a full size fridge and freezer, washer.dryer, small dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, and all cutlery, crockery and pots and pans you would need to make a simple meal. The room was on the small side, especially if there is two of you staying (bed was located in the corner) but definitely big enough for just me. The bed and shower were exelent. It took a bit of time to get aquainted with all of the light switches and temperature controls but managed to get them all working the way I wanted. The only minot issue with the room is that you could not turn the TV to watch it properly from the bed, but if that is all one can complain about.......
The staff tries to be helpful (every night housekeeping checks whether you need anything......), but cannot provide something you ask for, i.e. a teatowel, as I did not want to use the dishwaser for just a plate and a cup......

Room Tip: If you book as a couple try to find out the exact size of the room. I stayed in room A2 and it might...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo