I was in London on business last week and stayed at Club Quarter at Trafalgar Square. The hotel is definitely super well located, conveniently near tube (Charing Cross) and train stations (Waterloo), which served me very well. It is also within short walking distance to most tourist attractions which helped me get to know a little bit of London on rare free time. Staff was always helpful and courteous and seemed geniunely attentive to my needs. Special kudos here for Suzana (muchas gracias!). Still on the service, I loved the "guest locker" with self-service for many little items that would otherwise require a phone call to a room keeper. The only incident, a bit annoying to say the least, was actually not with the the hotel itself, but with Boyd's bar, located at right the at lobby of the hotel. After I checked out, Suzana was kind enough to call a taxi to take me to the airport and, because it would take about 15 minutes to arrive, I was invited by the hotel staff to take a sit at the bar while I waited. After 5 minutes I was seating at the bar, a waitress began to check how long I'd stay there and wheter I would or not drink anything... I was finally kicked-off the bar after 10 minutes and "invited" to wait for the taxi while standing in front of the main reception because "they needed the table for guests". I explained I was a guest of the hotel, waiting for a taxi, but the waitress insisted "the bar was a separate business" and unless I was going to drink anything, I couldn't wait there... I felt personally offended and suggest either the hotel places some seating areas at the lobby for "non-bar guests" or displays a large straight forward sign communicating the bar, although at the lobby, is not for seating to avoid this awful embarrassment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, London - Trafalgar Square provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 234 rooms at Trafalgar Square within the restored, historic landmark, Northumberland House. Featuring a spectacular entry hall, first-class restaurants and state-of-the-art amenities including in-room ergonomic work-stations and complimentary Internet access, the hotel is a true find. Just steps away from The National Gallery, Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and other fabulous London attractions, the Club Quarters is an inspired destination for business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters At Trafalgar Square Hotel London
- Club Quarters Hotel, Trafalgar Square London, England